Extra Easy Hey I am new here and wanted to say Hi :-)

minkeemoo

Hello I am Lorraine, I am 37 and married with 2 kids, Our daughter is 15 and our Son is 6 and is Autistic, I have been agoraphobic since I was 19 and piled the weight on, I lost my dad to cancer in Oct 2012, and decided life was too short to waste my life being unhappy with my weight, so In feb 2013 I joined my local SlimmingWorld, I have lost 3 stone up to yet and have a verrrry long way to go , But am feeling happy about my progress so far, I have been lurking on here for ages and love reading your posts and have picked up some amazing tips x so thank you :) xx

Hi ya and welcome :)
Well done losing the first 3 stone, I am sure they're the great beginning of a lot more fab losses xx

Hi

I am sort of in the same boat!! My oldest boy is severely autistic (he is 16 now). He is quite aggressive and doesnt speak and this has had a massive impact on my weight over the years - I have avoided social occasions and rarely have people round. Not at all due to my son but mainly because I feel so awful about my weight. I comfort eat when things get hard and that is the hardest thing now - what do I find comfort in when I have such stress at home?? But..... the way you feel when the weight comes off will make you feel like a new woman. You must feel fab now as you have done so well since Feb!! I want to start thinking about myself more and I think that losing the weight will help me do that. I think for you too!! This site is so supportive and you feel like people really care on here. Lots of luck and you will get there (and I will too!!)xx

Hi Minkeemoo. Welcome to this brilliant site. Just wish I'd found it sooner. Everyone is really supportive and friendly and you always know, if you have a question, someone out there is sure to know the answer. It's so inspirational too, with hundreds of recipes and meal ideas. I just love it and am totally addicted! :D Well done with losing such an amazing amount of weight - incredible!!

Hi Lorraine, welcome along :).

It's so great to see how well you've done so far on your journey and what positive attitude you have. You must be delighted with the 3 stone loss, that's brilliant.

As the others have said you'll find everything you want on here, be it tips or advice or just somewhere to offload or a have a vent on a bad day. We're all in it together and have the same dreams and goals, so we're very happy to have you along.

I wish you all the very best of luck on the rest of your SW journey, you're off to such a great start! :D

Welcome and good luck x

Hello, I'm a newbie too, been lurking for ages, about 2yrs, only got brave recently and started to post, I looove this site, fulla good stuff and good people. Warning though, it does get addictive:D

Best of luck, keep posting, see you around:)

Hi Minkeemoo

Have added you but cannot see how I send messages (Im rubbish) or is it that I haven't replied to posts 50 times yet??? Hope you are doing well!! My losses are slow - 6.5lb in 4 weeks but I keep telling myself that it is ok - not like Dukan where it dropped off but then I piled it all back on again. Ive got about 3 or 4 stone to lose - haven't decided on a weight - just a clothes size and at 43 years old - I think being a skinny after all these years would just make me look really old!!! ( sorry older!!!) Take care and keep up the fantastic work x

Back