Hey i have been on the cambridge diet for almost a week could i switch to sw?

5sttogo

I have been on the cambridge diet for 6 days but i miss food, im not craving it exactly just miss a sense of normality about food. Do you think i could swap to slimming world with out to much change or will i gain first week?
thanks for your advice

Sam xx

Oh hunny you have said the words i need to hear and you have done so well on SW! I know i have a lot to lose but i want to lose it forever even if it takes years i have a feeling on the vlcd i would do ok for a few months then gain it all back!

Sam xx

My friend has gone from cambridge to slimming world. The first week she didn't lose but maintained (stuck to red days) she then went on to lose 1lb in her second week, she has slowly included more carbs and is now following EE. She has not gained once. She rang her consultant before joining and followed the advice of keeping low carb to start with as if you start on carbs straight away your body will retain them as it will think you are going to starve it again (the technical term is to do with glycogen sparing etc etc) She is not eating a normal EE diet now after 4 weeks on the plan and is loosing. You won't get huge losses initially but you get a plan that will suit you for life.

Yes it is definately sustainable. I myself have been at target for 10 months now! S W rocks :)

I am really excited just trying to get all our bit and bobs today and me an oh are going to do it at home and weigh in on here are use this forum as our support xxx

I'm the same! Bought Cambridge packs last week, after 2 days I had the most horrific headache & sickness!!

Going to start sw although had carbs straight away, didn't realise I shouldnt, although only done it for 2 days so prob wouldn't matter. Officially starting class on Tuesday :) vlcd's are great for fast weight loss but in my experiences they don't work long term (for me) as I can't stick to it long enough to lose enough for to reach management so it's a constant struggle.

Sw I've done before & lost weight and at least you don't have to end your social life on sw & can make your weight loss more long term x

Thats what i am thinking hun :) we can do it I am starting Saturday but going to group mondays i was 100% for 6 days but it was the thought of another powderd meal it made me feel awful!! My family and i want to change for life this will be the best plan xxx

No you cant live the rest of yr life on powdered meals, with S W you eat normal healthy food, plenty of it, can have a little treat everyday, and lose weight, or if you want to maintain if at target up yr healthy extras! :) :)

5sttogo said:
I have been on the cambridge diet for 6 days but i miss food, im not craving it exactly just miss a sense of normality about food. Do you think i could swap to slimming world with out to much change or will i gain first week?
thanks for your advice

Sam xx

Hi Sam I did Cambridge last year, lost 5 stone but had to stop as my body really needed food in the end, but I went a bit crazy with food and didn't follow another specific route and therefore gained weight. It's takes your body time to re adjust to eating "normal" food and basically it goes into shock but will re-adjust . I've just joined SW and I'm
Amazed at how much you can eat.

Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back