Hey, I'm new to Xenical! :)

emmaaa

Hey everybody, I've just posted in the introductions forum, but thought I'd also post here as I've just started taking Xenical so I'll be spending the majority of my time in this part of the forum.

I'm totally new to Xenical, just started today, but I'm looking forward to the journey to the person I want to be. I'm a student so I've got a lot of free time over the summer, so I'll be hanging around these pages quite often. I'm hoping to make some friends here, to give and receive support and guidance to make sure I don't lose motivation!

If anybody has any tips or advice for a newbie, I'd love to hear them! I'll be floating around for a while, trying to find out some info about everyone so I can get started with commenting on everybody's posts. I'm really excited to get stuck in! :D

Welcome Emma! You have come to the right place to keep you on track - I found this forum last week and have found it invaluable!

I'm new to Xenical too - I have been dieting for 2 weeks and on Xen for 12 days now. I didn't want to take it at first however my misconceptions about it have turned out to be that - misconceptions. I'm doing really well so far.

One of the greatest help I had on figuring out what to do taking the tablet is by reading the sticky at the top of the page that Piink has created. Fab!

Also, yesterday on the Cambridge Diet page I found an absolutely great spreadsheet (again a sticky) which you can track your progress and it gives you an estimate about reaching your goal with the amount that you are loosing. Really, really good.

Anytime you want to chat - holler out, its quite an exciting time for us really!:D

Hey you,

Welcome and good luck on your Xenical journey, Im sure you will be fine and if you need any advice there is plenty of us here to help as best as poss :)

x

One of the greatest help I had on figuring out what to do taking the tablet is by reading the sticky at the top of the page that Piink has created. Fab!

Yes, I found that sticky extremely helpful too! I've been lurking around for a few days trying to get my head round what I need to eat and exactly what it is that I'm taking, so I know a little bit now, but I could do with more tips to keep me going :)

Also, thanks for your comment Nee! I'll be sure to ask if I have any questions :)

x

Some of the things that I have integrated into my life now that I'm on Xenical is water - I drink loads of water now, its doing my skin wonders and I'm really feeling good for it.

Also, I got confused to start with having to count the fat per 100g AND per serving - to begin with I counted it per serving, then per 100g and then finally I got it - read both of them!lol Trial and error I suppose but I've never had any side effects touch wood but I'm sure if I keep doing what I'm doing I will be fine!

Also, and this is another tip from Piink - exercise. I've been exercising lots. Like I said I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and I've lost 14lbs. I've been swimming, started back at the gym and I've been walking.

I hope this helps - is there anything more specific that you want answered? If you do, I or the more experienced members will certainly help out :D

I try to drink as much water as possible, but I prefer squash. It's still water though, so I figure it's just as good. I went food shopping with my parents this morning (cause I'm living at home from university over the summer) so I checked the labels of everything we picked up. My dad's even decided to start a health kick with me as he was surprised at the amount of fat in some foods! Lol.

As you said, it's all trial and error so I know I'll get used to it as the time goes on, but I have a bit of an OCD about being organised and knowing everything I possibly can about what I'm doing, so it's a bit difficult to be unsure of it in the beginning, haha.

:) x

:welcome: to the xenical forum

Wishing you all the best on yor weight loss journey

Oh Emma your in good company - I too am completely OCD in the same way... I found that as I realised that I wasn't going to be rushing off to the toilet every two minutes as long as I stuck to the rules that I relaxed a little bit and I'm starting to even enjoy myself a bit.

Its really good that your Dad is coming along with you in your journey with eating healthily. My other half is eating better and not having lots of sweets and chocolate and fizzy drinks and by him doing that, I have felt so much better. There's less temptation really.

One of the biggest and greatest benefits that I have found in taking Xenical is that when I see people eating really really bad foods high in fat that I usually love, my willpower is much stronger, I'm not tempted because I know what would happen if I did and thats why, so far, I have stayed on track. :D:D:D

Thanks for the comment flabbybumbum :) i love your name!

I'm hoping I do start to enjoy it, as I know I'll lose motivation if I'm hating every minute of it lol. My whole family are very supportive and are trying to become healthier themselves. My brother's quite overweight too, but he's lost about a stone and a half recently, and my parents aren't massively overweight but they'd like to lose about a stone each, so we're all chipping in together to keep each other going :)

My dad and I went for a 30 minute bike ride this evening - he hadn't been on a bike in about 10 years! Haha.

x

Thanks for the comment flabbybumbum :) i love your name!

I'm hoping I do start to enjoy it, as I know I'll lose motivation if I'm hating every minute of it lol. My whole family are very supportive and are trying to become healthier themselves. My brother's quite overweight too, but he's lost about a stone and a half recently, and my parents aren't massively overweight but they'd like to lose about a stone each, so we're all chipping in together to keep each other going :)

My dad and I went for a 30 minute bike ride this evening - he hadn't been on a bike in about 10 years! Haha.

x

I hope you enjoy it too - and good on you for the bike ride... I've not been on a bike ride for years and years too... its made me think actually, might need to rope the other half into getting a bike actually and getting ourselves away!

Welcome Emma :D

You'll pick up lots from reading previous posts but any questions you have just shout.

Good luck btw hope you lose loads.

Sorry for the late reply - I've been busy busy busy! Thanks for the welcome slimmerkay :)

And jenjen, you should definitely get the other half to go on a bike ride, I'd forgotten how fun it was, even though it took me a few days to get used to having a sore bum! Lol x

Back