Hey. Just saying 'Hi, im a newbie' :)

petal91

Hi all.
Just to say its nice to find a place with support.
Its a hard diet but when i am 'in the weight-loss zone' i get quite determined.
Started Dukan on 12/12/12 so Attack phase soon to finish. I have struggled but no where near as much as i thought i would when i was wondering whether to do the diet or not!
Just a quick question... Once you hit cruise phase, how much weight per week was your average loss?
See y'all around! :)

Hello there and welcome,

Weight loss varies but it's usually a steady loss of between 1lb and 3lbs, sometimes more if the person has more to lose.

Good luck and keep posting!

Wow a brave time to start a diet plan especially Dukan....... It's a great diet and I said on a previous post, weight loss is the same as any other good diet really but you don't have cravings....... once the sugar and carbs have gone out your system....... amazing!!! Good luck and hope you do well..... x

welcome and yes between a 1-3lb weight loss weekly after attack and the girls who exersise can loose 5lb.....

Welcome Petal! I probably lost (on average) about 2lbs a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. You can see my losses below. Good luck!

Thanks everyone. My rationale behind starting when I did was because I thought that if I can get the attack phase out of the way before Christmas, so that the 'cravings' have gone, then, if I manage over Christmas (when temptation is at its highest - I live with a foster family who love their junk food but are lucky enough not to put on weight!)- then I can manage this diet to see it through?! I may be crazy, but once I am 'in the zone' and thinking of starting a diet, I don't see any point in putting it off. I was on a 'Christmas present drop' visiting Kent the weekend before last. Came back on Tuesday 11th and started Dukan on Wednesday 12th morning. I must be a blooming idiot! Haha!

:welcome:petal. 6 June 2012 I started at 2.6lb higher than you (225lbs) and I have lost 65lbs, 2 more to go to my 11st4lbs target as set by Dr D. Weigh in tomorrow and hoping I have made it! I exercise a lot, not a gym bunny but I have a collection of DVDs and a fairly newly acquired treadmill. When I stick to rules and exercise I lose more so definitely it helps. You can see my weekly losses on my signature below. The biggest loss was 7.5lbs but I cheated then, took a break and did the 13 day diet!! :D Needed a boost and that did it!

Good luck with your journey. x

HI Petal

I am brand new to the site nad i have 3 stone to lose.

I am looking for buddy ups and advice...im starting my dukan journey (my first ever diet) and am nervous about it on JAN 1 2013

ANy advice appreciated.

ATACK phase is 7 days for me according to the website seems alot !!

welcome!

Hi.
7days seems alot... Mine was that too. However, after the first 3 days I lost cravings for sugar and carbs-so then it wasnt too bad. I wouldn't say its an awfully hard diet- however i do get a little bored (mainly because i am not a great cook and so dont experiment!)
Not long to go until you start! We will all be here for encouragement!

Welcome!
I started back in September, it took me a month to psych myself up into the diet. This is my first ever diet so was really scared. It has been hard, I have plateau'd lots despite sticking to the diet rigidly, but stick with it.

Hi, I'm also new to this and will be starting tomorrow on Attack. I've got 4stone 8lb to lose going by the website calculation.

I was going to start on the 1st but feel highly motivated right now so didn't want to delay.

Fingers crossed :)

Hi everyone, been reading about dukan for the last few days after trying all the others, and putting it all back on :( Feel really determined this time, I'm hoping that going through the phases will educate me properly for the long term.

Nickyandtom - how's it going so far? I'm starting Attack tomorrow, after planning it for the 1st of Jan. Only a day earlier I know, but thought why not?!

xxx

Hi welcome to dukan sure you'll do great everyone on here is brilliant and will help with any questions - good luck :)

Welcome and good luck xxx

kate_grace said:
Hi everyone, been reading about dukan for the last few days after trying all the others, and putting it all back on :( Feel really determined this time, I'm hoping that going through the phases will educate me properly for the long term.

Nickyandtom - how's it going so far? I'm starting Attack tomorrow, after planning it for the 1st of Jan. Only a day earlier I know, but thought why not?!

xxx

Hi :) its going well thanks - had lots of salmon, prawns, ham, smoked salmon and water yesterday. The beauty of Christmas leftovers :) also ate a muller toffee flavour yog and some vlf cottage cheese. Can't say I felt any real cravings, it was more 'thoughts' about carby and sugary foods. Oh and the little galette things are lovely (I made sweet ones) - didn't have any fromage frais so used total 0% yog instead.

Feeling good this morning and weigh 2lb less lol :)

X

Loss per week average

?.......
Just a quick question... Once you hit cruise phase, how much weight per week was your average loss?
See y'all around! :)

Hi there,

Your question has probably been answered, but, I lost about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds most weeks. I lost 55 pounds in 7.5 months. I am new here though, as that was 1.5 years ago. I have put back 12 pounds, so starting again to get that off!

Good luck
Go 2Goal

Last edited:
Wow 2 lbs already...Nickyandtom that's fab!!

Haven't tried the galette yet, but the oatbran porridge was lovely and kept me full for ages today. Really worried about having cravings, hopefully filling up on protein and drinking lots of water will help! :)

Welcome, Petal, I think you will fin success on this plan.

well done and good luck xxx

Back