Hey - New here :) starting weight loss journey!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by taryn, 13 December 2009 Social URL.

1. taryn

taryn Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.77%)
    Hey everyone! wow i didnt even know a site like this existed.. its awesome :) been planning to start a SERIOUS, long term weight loss journey , ended up on this site the night before i decided to start - definitely has motivated me more! Not too sure how to use it yet - but im getting the hang of it lol! posted this in the wrong area a while ago - oops!
    I weigh 187 lbs currently, and i'm 5ft8 - my ideal weight is about 130 lbs - and i want to reach it before this time next year! hoping i can do it.. wont back down :)
    not doing any particular diet, just cut down completely on carbs (except for breakfast - i have cereal), no fizzies or fatty foods. 45 mins of cardio 4 times per week (going to increase to 1 hour)
    reading the posts of all of you has REALLY motivated me and helped me believe in myself.. thank you :) I'm def going to be a regular user of this site - im loving it already!
    xoxox ~ taryn

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Hi and good luck with your weight loss. Have you thought of doing a particular weight loss plan? Or do you prefer to do it your own way?

4. taryn

taryn Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.77%)
    Thanks !
    Not doing any specific diet - eating healthier meats - like fish and chicken, as often as i can. eating lots of veg, no heavy carbs, no fizzy drinks. but im not planning to stick to the diet on days like xmas - or my bday.
    Increasing my activity levels by quite a bit - going onto the cycling machine every day for an hour - burn about 500 calories per session. started yesterday, going really well so far :)
    are you also trying to lose weight?

5. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Well good luck with it...the exercise sounds good, I have an exercise bike too but don't do it often or long enough...you have inspired me to increase it!

Yes am also trying to lose weight, have been doing slimming world for 13 weeks and have lost 2 and a half stone so am pretty pleased! :D long way to go yet though!

I look forward to hearing how you get on :)

6. taryn

taryn Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.77%)
    2 and a half stone in 13 weeks - thats amazing!! well done
    yeah the bike doesnt look too tempting haha. but when ur done with ur session and u see all the calories you've burnt it feels sooo good! its worth the sweating haha:)
    thanks, good luck to you too hey!
    i've been trying to lose weight for a long time now - but ive never been very serious. i know what i want but ive been too lazy to get there haha. hoping this time it will happen for once and for all :) its gonna take a while but i guess its worth it.
    whats your goal - in terms of time?

7. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Yeah it can take a while indeed! I try and break it into stages and the rewards each half stone at slimming world help encourage me with that. I think I would like to have lost another 4 stone by the end of next year....sooner if possible obviously but I want to be realistic and allow for ups and downs that are sure to crop up! After that then I will see where I am at and where to go next ;)

Well sounds like you're really geared up this time! :cool: Good Luck!

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Pleased you have joined us

Good luck

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.