Heya!

KentStoop6

Hey everyone! I'm kicking myself for not joining a site like this earlier. I turn 21 on the 24th of this month and, almost 2 exact years earlier I was in pristine shape, weighing 152 pounds (I am 5'7") and had an exercise routine that consisted of running a few miles every morning as well as going to the gym 3 times a day. I was an avid baseball player, but a severe knee injury sidelined my dreams of one day making it to the farm system of an MLB team and eventually on to the big show. I gained over 50 pounds in those two years, and now I am convinced that I am ready to shed it all off again and regress back to my old, great-feeling self.

In the 2 years following my injury, I've begun smoking cigarettes more often (have been doing it since I was 16,) but am down from 2 packs a day to only a 3-4 a day when I drive to work. I've restarting my journey as a musician and was in a hardcore punk band for a year before leaving to form a pop-punk trio with one of my best friends. I feel silly being a fatty up on stage, so I know the time has come to really work my butt off.

I have one problem however. I have no support. Every one of my friends knows the health risks of being overweight, but they look past it, repeatedly telling me I look fine and not to worry about it. I might look okay, but I know my body is kicking me daily for having this extra weight on me (and it really doesn't help that the female population at college frowns upon anyone with a tummy regardless of personality.) So, without further ado, I look forward to being a member of this community and not only do I look forward to having the support I need to reach my goal of 150 pounds, but to also be there to encourage and give advice to those going through the same thing I am.

My name is Kent, I am a guitarist, singer, photographer, writer, random adventurer, and I will be back to my 17-18 year old self! Thank you with everything I have in advance.

Hi Kent, good luck with your weight loss, what diet are you going to do?

I don't think I'm going to be strictly sticking to one particular diet, but I'm setting up guidelines for myself (i.e. only complex carbs and only drinking water, black coffee, and tea.) I was vegetarian for 2 years in high school and I'd like to ease my way back to that as well. My achilles heal is late night snacking though, so that is one thing I really need to work on pretty hard.

Back