HFLC /Keto Diet - Without A Gallbladder?

Ketoveggie

A thought struck me last night when I was considering my food options, once I come off the shakes.

I had my G.B removed a few years back so my body does not process 'fats' very well. I've been vegetarian since I was a teenager and vegan for some of that time. I've never eaten any fatty meats or much dairy so my body has not really had to cope with trying to digest large amounts of animal fat.

To continue with a ketogenic lifestyle, as I intend, I realised that I will have to incorporate dairy into my diet, ( butter, creams, cheese, eggs ) and maybe even some fatty fish ( still pondering on that one) otherwise I'm going to struggle with getting enough fats into my diet. I've read one or two articles on the net saying supplement with Ox bile ( never gonna happen!) but apart from that I'm not really sure what my options are.

Is anyone in the same boat? or even if you're not but could offer some advice then it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sian x

Just seen this post @Ketoveggie i too have no GB. I think I’ll look at fats including avocado, coconut oils and milk. I struggle to tolerate too much diary but I do eat fish and chicken.

Just seen this post @Ketoveggie i too have no GB. I think I’ll look at fats including avocado, coconut oils and milk. I struggle to tolerate too much diary but I do eat fish and chicken.

Have a look into Digestive Enzyme supplements too. :) There is some info here which may interest you.

I had mine out end of 2015. I can have milk and eggs with no trouble. Also salmon and other fish. The meats I eat are mainly chicken and turkey as too much red meat and I suffer. :)

Back