Hi all I'm new

:wave_cry::)Hi everyone ,I am a 45 year old mom of 8 ,I joined s/w at the end of may after losing over a stone myself ,I have almost lost two stone with s/w but am losing heart that I will always be overweight ,my family are all skinny and I never have any confidence around them and I would love more than anything to achieve my goal weight which is another 3 stone and four pound ,hope I can find some friends in similar positions to join me on my journey ,thanks everyone for reading

Hi :) Welcome to minis :) I hope you will find it as friendly and helpful as I have!

I think we all get fed up sometimes and that we are doomed to be fat forever, but you will find plenty of people here who are living proof that it can be done! We can do it. Maybe not as fast as we'd always like, but if you commit for the long haul, you will get there. I still have 4st to lose, with 2 lost so far, so I have to see it that way :)

Good luck xx

Hi Tetleyteabags.
Welcome to SW and this forum.
Ignore others, set yourself a target and with determination you will get there, we are here to help, go for it. I was overweight for many years and it took 2 strokes to wake me up!After 1 year on SW all symptoms of the past are gone, I feel lots better, have reduced my daily tables by half and expect to come off them in the near future.
The one person to believe in is yourself, tell yourself that you are going to do it & believe it!
Good luck....
Pete

Congratulations on the fab weight loss already! I had the same problem as you as all of my friends are slim gorgeous ladies and I was always the fat one! I often compared myself to them but now I have started slimming world I understand it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, all that matters is if you can be healthy and happy :) I hope you stay strong and reach your goal! C x

Hi, Im new here too - not yet joined a group - doing that tomorrow.

Well done on a good loss already, I have managed to lose a stone already despite being surrounded by skinnies who don't understand.
I have given up going out socially now, because I feel like the group hippo, and go home feeling depressed!

Anyway Im 50 in 75 days time and have no intention of being this big then.... I won't have lost 5 stones but perhaps I will have lost some and gained some confidence again!

Good luck on your journey x

Hi :) Welcome to minis :) I hope you will find it as friendly and helpful as I have!

I think we all get fed up sometimes and that we are doomed to be fat forever, but you will find plenty of people here who are living proof that it can be done! We can do it. Maybe not as fast as we'd always like, but if you commit for the long haul, you will get there. I still have 4st to lose, with 2 lost so far, so I have to see it that way :)

Good luck xx

Hi Tetleyteabags.
Welcome to SW and this forum.
Ignore others, set yourself a target and with determination you will get there, we are here to help, go for it. I was overweight for many years and it took 2 strokes to wake me up!After 1 year on SW all symptoms of the past are gone, I feel lots better, have reduced my daily tables by half and expect to come off them in the near future.
The one person to believe in is yourself, tell yourself that you are going to do it & believe it!
Good luck....
Pete

Congratulations on the fab weight loss already! I had the same problem as you as all of my friends are slim gorgeous ladies and I was always the fat one! I often compared myself to them but now I have started slimming world I understand it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, all that matters is if you can be healthy and happy :) I hope you stay strong and reach your goal! C x

Hi, Im new here too - not yet joined a group - doing that tomorrow.

Well done on a good loss already, I have managed to lose a stone already despite being surrounded by skinnies who don't understand.
I have given up going out socially now, because I feel like the group hippo, and go home feeling depressed!

Anyway Im 50 in 75 days time and have no intention of being this big then.... I won't have lost 5 stones but perhaps I will have lost some and gained some confidence again!

Good luck on your journey x
Thank you so much everyone for replying ,I really appreciate u all taking the time for me xxx your words are so encouraging and I already think u are all amazing ,hope we can keep in touch ,thanks again xxxxxxxxxx

Back