Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hi all - New Slimming World member xxx

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KIRSTBLUEYES, 20 October 2011 Social URL.

1. KIRSTBLUEYES

KIRSTBLUEYES Member

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    23st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Peeps,

My name's Kirsty, im from South wales and Im 31 yrs. Im a fun loving welsh girl, who is looking to get slim and healthy, and more importantly to start living life, as I always use my weight to hold me back from doing things.

I have been big all my life, always felt the odd one out. I was the biggest in my class, swimming club etc the list goes on lol

Yesterday I rejoined Slimming World. I lost 7st on the diet before, but unfortunately put it all and more back on .

I now have around 13 st:eek:, yes 13 st to loose, its a long road ahead but Im determined to do it.

I would love to speak/make buddies with anyone doing SW, hopefully we could give each other tips and support to reach all our goals.

Any way thats just a littel about me. Good luck to everyone.

Kirst xxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Geordiegirl1892

Geordiegirl1892 Full Member

Hi Kirsty,
    Welcome to the forums. I live in Newcastle upon Tyne in the north east of England and am a full time carer for my disabled husband. I have had a long journey with sw due to illness but I am now focused on both my diet and exercise programmes.
    My husband George has now lost over 6 half stone with SW and is now off ALL his diabetic medication and now on diet form only.
    We attend a class on Thursday morning so that is our weigh in day and we plan our meals in advance which we find is better.

Nice to hear from you
    : > )

F

4. miss_chaplin

miss_chaplin New Member

Hi, I am a newbie also, in fact this is my first reply/post. I am also new too slimming world, am on my 4th week and loving it so far. But am starting to need some insperation and some new recipes ect, so thought I would give this site a go. Good luck in your weight loss, Im sure as you have lost 7st in the past, you will find the motivation to acheive your goals this time round.
    :)

5. Geordiegirl1892

hi welcome to you both,
    feel free to chat and meeting new people along your journey : > )

6. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(31.75%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hello and welcome to the forum, Hope you have a great weight loss journey like i did, I had only 4 stone to lose but that seemed daunting lol, I use to do 7lb "targets" so that might be something that you can consider. :girlpower:
    Please keep in touch with your journey, it be nice to know how you are getting on :D

7. Geordiegirl1892

sw

if anyone wants to add me as a friend on fb or msn feel free to message me and i will gladly help : > )

8. linda6969

linda6969 New Member

Hi Kirsty, I've also got a lot and I mean a lot to lose but joined SW this week. Have been a big girl all my life but been so unhappy lately with myself. I've lost a lot of confidence and just want to feel slimmer and more healthy. I can't seem to do anything without getting out of breath and feeling uncomfortable in everything I wear. So glad I've found this website to chat to friends like you. We cab support each other through this journey x

9. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(31.75%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I was in the same boat as you, and i didnt know about minmins then, i could have done with friends like this bunch on the forum :cool:

10. KIRSTBLUEYES

KIRSTBLUEYES Member

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    23st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi all, thank you for your replies. I loved doing SW in the past, I found it easy to follow and could fit in with meals for me and my partner. I know I can do it, we all can.

Phonics - I may take your approach hun and break it down, because knowing i want to lose 13st seems so daunting, making smaller targets makes sense, plus I could get more rewards for reaching each of them lol (bring on the shopping).

My first weigh in is wed so I will let you know how I get on. Keep in touch girls would love to know how your doing along the journey. Good luck for this week girlies xxx;)

11. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Good luck.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.