Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hi all ..... new to Dukan!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by sadieley, 6 March 2011 Social URL.

1. sadieley

sadieley Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/Low carb
    Hi everyone, have been on minimins since 5th January 2011. I first joined when I started Lipotrim, managed to lose 14lbs in 10 days, but couldnt stomach the shakes or related issues that came with them, so I switched to Atkins while still in ketosis and managed to lose a whole 2lbs, (whoopeee) and thats where I have stayed.

I found the whole eating as much fat thing fab at first but it really went against the mindset that I have with dieting.

So the past week or so I have been doing some research, and came across the Dukan diet and am impressed, low carb, low fat, just what I have been looking for.....!!!

I have ordered a book so should be with me in the next few days, in the meantime can anyone give me some pointers??

On Atkins we had mims, (muffins in a minute) can I still have them? They are made from flaxseed?

Anyway I have really enjoyed reading your posts and am hoping this is the eating plan for me..... (fingers crossed) :D
    Sadie xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Brownie_Earthquake

Brownie_Earthquake Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(15.63%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Welcome!

It's worth familiarising yourself with the book when you get it before you start the diet - some people start the diet without the book and try to backtrack; it's easy to miss the concept like that.

One thing that you can source first though is oatbran - Tesco, Sainsbury's and most health food shops stock it.

You can make muffins, pancakes, porridge etc. from the oatbran, and since it's a daily requisite of the diet it's good to find it now!

4. PinkPrincessKate

PinkPrincessKate Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.34%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Morrisons sell it on the isle with the cereals on, its usually underneath the porridge :)

I also get Asda home deliveries and they stock it too :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.