Hi all, Starting SW this weekend!

Paul_Farnham_uk

Hi guys,

I have been on these forums some time ago when i had a go at the cambridge diet and lost a load of weight but unfortunately gained it all back and a load on top for my trouble.

So i have decided to go the sensible route and look at the big picture and long term goals.

Although i havent weighed myself i am thinking i am in the region of 25st now and i desperately need to lose a good 8-9 Stone.

So its time to step up and make the changes.

I just hope i can stay on track this time as i have a beautiful 1 year old daughter that i want to not be ashamed of me when shes older :(

Wish me luck and i will keep in touch on here.

PS any other fellas in the same boat and wanna buddy up?

Regards

Paul

Good luck paul, I'm sure the plan will be just what you need

Good luck Paul, it's brilliant that you have made the decision to change your life for the better. I hope you enjoy slimming world and get the results you are hoping for!

Thank you, i take it you have recently just started out then?

How are you finding it so far?

Good luck Paul, it's brilliant that you have made the decision to change your life for the better. I hope you enjoy slimming world and get the results you are hoping for!

Yes I started just over a week ago and I'm really enjoying it. Loving trying new recipes and finding what works for me and my family (like you I have a 1 year old daughter). I'm lucky as my husband is very supportive which is making things easier, do you have support for family and friends?

I'm trying to incorporate some gentle exercise at the same time to help the fitness but find it hard to motivate myself with this at the moment.

It's a big step to admit that you want to make such a big change but I keep thinking how good I'll feel running around with my daughter and know it is worth it.

My wife is suuportive and my mother is also as she has a similar build to me and knows how hard it is.

My father is a skinny rake and doesnt understand how it feels to be big and so can be caustic to say the least.

But in simple terms i dont want to have back ache from just turning over in bed at night or knee pain from just standing up so its now at the point that i HAVE to lose weight, its no longer a case of wanting.

Not to mention all the addition health risks like diabetes, heart disease etc.

Just hope i can keep focused!

Yes I started just over a week ago and I'm really enjoying it. Loving trying new recipes and finding what works for me and my family (like you I have a 1 year old daughter). I'm lucky as my husband is very supportive which is making things easier, do you have support for family and friends?

I'm trying to incorporate some gentle exercise at the same time to help the fitness but find it hard to motivate myself with this at the moment.

It's a big step to admit that you want to make such a big change but I keep thinking how good I'll feel running around with my daughter and know it is worth it.

My mum is also the same build as me and so understands how hard it is to lose the weight, she also has diabetes so I'm at a higher risk of it so that spurs me on to do something about the weight. My husband is very slim and so doesn't understand what it's like to be over weight but I couldn't ask for him to be better with me as there is no pressure or judgement from him.

You will keep focused as you know that you have to and me and everyone on here will support you all the way!

good luck Paul! There are anumber of guys on here and Im sure some of them will be along over the next day or so ..or have a browse through the diaries and say hi to a few.

see you on the boards :)

Welcome to Slimming World Paul :)

I reckon the lifelong view is definitely the healthy way to look at it, I know we all want the weight gone yesterday but I honestly think SW is the only realistic lifelong eating plan, it may be a bit slower than some of the other plans but you can also get some amazing losses and never feel hungry again!

I've got a total of 6 stone to get rid of, I'm a quarter of the way there now since Dec, around 1.5lbs a week loss on average but trust me it does add up!

Are you going to group? If you need any help, info or recipe's this is a great place to be.

Hello mate, yes i am going to my first meeting on Saturday morning, dreading the first weigh in :(

Welcome to Slimming World Paul :)

I reckon the lifelong view is definitely the healthy way to look at it, I know we all want the weight gone yesterday but I honestly think SW is the only realistic lifelong eating plan, it may be a bit slower than some of the other plans but you can also get some amazing losses and never feel hungry again!

I've got a total of 6 stone to get rid of, I'm a quarter of the way there now since Dec, around 1.5lbs a week loss on average but trust me it does add up!

Are you going to group? If you need any help, info or recipe's this is a great place to be.

Hello mate, yes i am going to my first meeting on Saturday morning, dreading the first weigh in :(

You'll be fine, when you get off those scales it'll be great to know that they will never say that number again! I drove past about 5 times before I finally went in lol, I find staying for class (image therapy) is essential for me.

I did actually try Sliming World before and i lost a couple of stone with them but then got made redundant and couldnt afford to pay each week so left the group.

Although i have to say i found the group sessions a bit embarressing, mainly i guess because i hate facing the reality of my size

You'll be fine, when you get off those scales it'll be great to know that they will never say that number again! I drove past about 5 times before I finally went in lol, I find staying for class (image therapy) is essential for me.

Good luck Paul! This is my week too. I'm lucky because hubby has joined group with me. I have much the same story as you - did lighter life 5 years ago, lost five stone. Since then I've gained seven. Conclusion: VLCD's don't work in the long term, coz they don't address the bad eating habits. Hubby and I joined SW in October, just to dip our toes in the water, and to lose a bit of weight before Xmas. We both lost over a stone in 5 weeks. We're only getting back into again now, but we're really ready for it. Will watch your progress with interest! X

Hi and welcome, you will get lots of support on here and in group and remember we are all in the same boat, we have food issues!

Paul_Farnham_uk said:

Good luck in the morning. Hang in there for weigh in. Listen to the talk because some things have changed in the last few months. Take the books home, read them, go shopping and remember that from now on things are going to get better. Have a look at some of the photo food diaries here - they are very inspirational. And helpful. This is a great community of like minded people and very supportive. Stay positive and all the best.

thanks everyone for your posts, i had my weigh in now and am as gutted about my weight as i thought i was going to be.

But... its done now and now i can start to watch it descrease.

Fingers crossed for a good first week.

A guy at the group is about the same size as me and he just had an amazing 11 lb loss in his first week! i would be chuffed with half that lol

Good Luck Paul:D

I started my slimming world journey on 23/2/12, and had my first weigh in on Thursday and i lost 8lbs. I've already received my half a stone off ribbon, and I'm on course for a good loss this week.

So far I found it quite easy, once I got my head around all the free foods that I could eat. Honesty you won't be left hungry.

I've got a lot to lose as well, but taking it in small steps.

Maureen4200040

Back