Hi! Am Aimee :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Aimee, 12 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Aimee

Aimee hiya!

Hello :eek:

I'm Aimee and 17! Been overweight all my life and now at a point where it is making me extremely self concious (i've had severe social anxiety/phobia for years now) and it's effecting my health. So now i'm at the point where i really want too and really need to do something about it. Any help/advice would be great and i'd love to hear from people who have lost alot of weight. I weigh about 20 stone :( that's very depressing! Anyway nice to meet you all and thanks for reading. :) Would be great to make alot of friends on here too!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Welcome Aimee,

I hope you will make yourself at home. Take your time and have a good look around the forums and see how others are doing on their chosen diet. You might come across one that would suit you and fit into your lifestyle.

Here is a link to a guide to make your way around.
    http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

If you need any help please ask.

Love Mini xxx

4. purplekei

purplekei Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim fast
    hi i am new too i'm 17 also :) now im trying to change my diet, life style and image, well here goes nothing!

5. Aimee

Aimee hiya!

Hey :) and hi purplekei maybe we can help eachother?

6. purplekei

purplekei Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim fast
  7. Aimee

Aimee hiya!

8. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

Here is a link with step by step instructions to show you how to do it...

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

You need the bb code here for ticker and graphics to work.

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

Love Mini xxx

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Take your time deciding which diet to try. Perhaps you could keep a food diary to see how you can improve your eating pattern.

Irene xx

10. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Aimee, welcome to minis.

11. drbetteridge

drbetteridge Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.94%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Welcome aboard. This seems to be a great place to get stuck in. I've really been inspired to keep trying to lose the weight since I stumbled upon this site. Good luck!

12. jumanji

jumanji Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    9st12lb(41.32%)
    Diet:
    Lyle McDonald - The Rapid Fat Loss Hand Book
    Hey Aimee!

I'm 18, and the same as you I've been overweight all of my life. At my heaviest I was around 24 stone! - so quite a big boy! :D. I can relate to the social anxiety/phobia stuff too! Although after losing quite a lot of weight things have gotten a little better for me! I've found that when you feel better about the way you look, it helps with confidence a little! I'm not exactly an uber-confident social butterfly quite yet though lol! But improvement is improvement! ;)

I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss, I'm sure you'll do great :)! There's no shortage of really friendly people on here to offer advice on whatever you want!

Last edited: 13 July 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.