Hi and a quick ? about points!

Sazza

Hi, I stumbled across this site when I was contemplating SW, decided against SW and decided to do WW. I've done both before and knew more/had more on WW.

Well today is my first day and I'm supposed to have around 27 points but I've barely had 17! I was told I had to eat a minimum of 23 as the body goes into starvation mode etc but I've never really been a huge eater anyways of late (post op gastric surgery) and I've already had a WW desert (the new profiteroles are yummy btw!)

How absolutely essential is it that I get to this 'within 4 points of your daily allowance' thing? Do i have to go much on toast etc before bed? lol

Sarah x

Hi. Welcome. I am on the same points allowance as you and had recently asked the exact same question. One of the ladies on here gave me some great advice. The reason it is so important to eat your points is because each time you drop a stone you lose a point, therefore you will have knowhere to go. for example if you lose say 4 stone you lose 4 points but your body is already used to you eating only 20-24 points so you will hit a plateau. Also you don'y have to eat more, just eat higher pointed foods, eat full fat youghurts or use full fat milk, and don't use w.w breads. This has worked so well for me, best advice i have had so far.Best of luck.

Hi there

you really do have your points. You should be having all 27. If you do save any you need to use them up by the end if the week. Eating so little really can affect your wi results

Well I just ate two slices of toast loaded with normal butter (bout 2 tsp on each slice) so that's just bumped me up by 6 points. Worked out I've had approx 24 out of my 27 so I'm happy now :)

Hi Sazza, I started last week and really struggled to get up to my 26 points. This week I'm more hungry though and am eating much closer to that now :) I think it was also a psychological thing for me that I didn't want to be eating lots and felt guilty, thinking I wouldn't lose weight. After first weigh-in I know that it is working so am allowing myself to eat all my points without feeling guilty this week :)

Yeah guess for me it's slightly different, I'm post op gastric bypass (4 years ago, 1 year ago had a revision) so eating is quite hard in some respects. Some foods agree with me, some don't. What I ate for dinner last night got stuck and after almost 2 hours had not budged and it did make me ill. So no idea how many points I didn't quite have.

I managed to get to within my limits (i think!) so let's see... Last time I did WW I was eating well below my points, I had never been told that I had to be within 4 of my allowance and I put on 2lb. I'm just hoping that next week I see results. Been trying to get to the gym but as I went back to education (dunno why no more lol) It's been a very hectic week trying to get all my assignments in before well, today! So technically should be able to do the things I want to starting very very soon :)

I know how you feel - I have just finished my degree and didn't have time for anything, let alone exercise! I'm sure you will be able to see results next week :) good luck!

Back