Hi and Help lol xx

Allie Ballie

Hello Everyone my name is Allie and I joined SW last week, i have been following the EE days and havent cheated once (been very hard lol) anyway i got weighed tonight and lost 1lb which i was a bit disappointed, i know its a loss but i thot i would have lost a bit more :(:( anyway it hasnt put me off im thinking i may have done something wrong myleader said i havent ate enough veg as super free foods is this very important to my weight loss as im not keen on alot of veg, i can eat lettuce, tomatoes salad stuff but not cauliflower, brocolli stuff like that. is this something i will have to eat in order for the EE days to work. i appreciate any feedback and good luck with all your weightloss.

Allie xoxo:)

I think salad is fine instead of veg. Just make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids and the weight will come off. Unless you're trying to lose only 0.5-1 stone as losses will be slower in the 0.5-1 pound region. Not everyone can lose multiple pounds in their first week, please don't worry.

It would be well worth your while looking at ways you can incorporate other veggies into your diet. What about soups, blending them into sauces, or grating them into curries, pastas, chilli, stews etc where you won't even notice they are there :)

Hi don't worry I only lost 1.5 lb in my first week then I lost 4 lb in the second week. I always try and look at my weight loss over a 4 week period rather than week to week. I'm sure you will see great results. I agree sometimes it can feel like a hard slog the 1/3 rd SF but i do try where I can. I loved the bolognaise sauce which you use grated carrots. You can't taste it at all and bulks it out too . My daughter loved it. The book family feasts on a budget has some nice Recipes.

Good luck :)

Hi :)

I would say try and keep an open mind towards veggies and keep trying them. I have found that just in a few months my taste buds have changed and things I used to like now makes me ill and thinks I wasnt so keen on I now love and are regulars with my meals. Keep it up though, food diaries are brilliant tools in the first few weeks to establish what works for you. good luck!

Can you make bubble and squeak full of veg? You won't taste it! I've made a big bowl of mashed potato, carrots, onions, sprouts, cabbage two eggs salt pepper. Fried in frylite last night with mushy peas and tonight with baked beans. I love veg?!
I think you need to think of the benefits of veg, google and read! Then learn how to disguise them. Chillis, lasagne baked beans and peppers mushrooms onions gorgeous!
Curries, stir fries, soups. You need to get over not liking them, you're missing so much.

Salad will count as your superfree, but it's not as bulky as other veg, so you really do have to eat a lot to have the same effect on your plate.

There are hundreds of types of veg - how about trying some you've never had, or different ways of cooking it? What types of flavour do you like? Eg if it's sweet/savoury you crave, try roasting some sliced peppers or butternut squash with a bit of Frylight, perhaps with some herbs/spices and salt, and have it sprinkled with your hex of cheese. Or investigate some unusual vegetables like callaloo or mooli or roasted fennel if you can get them.

Remember fruit is also superfree. It's not as low-calorie as veg, but still a great thing to get in your diet. You can use it as the 1/3 superfree if you have it before the meal instead of after (to avoid stuffing yourself on the free foods which are higher in calories). Sometimes the more exciting varieties are expensive but they can be bigger, eg pineapple and melon and pomelo. Or can can buy frozen berries which are cheaper.

At the end of the day, it's a fact that any healthier eating system is going to involve eating plenty of fruit and veg. Any plan that tells you otherwise is lying. Government advice is 5 portions a day but actually they originally wanted to make it more like 10 - they revised it downwards because people wouldn't bother even trying if the level was set too high!

Oh and 1lb is still a good loss, especially when you're just getting used to things. I lost 2lb in my first week, and with between 1lb and 2lb losses almost every week, I'm amazed at how quickly it has added up to a stone! It also depends on your physical makeup and how much you have to lose.

Keep trying new things and as someone above said, it is very likely your tastebuds will change. Now fruit tastes very sweet to me, and sweets often a little bit too sugary and fake.

I didn't used to like veg but now I can't get enough! :D I throw all kinds into a pan of mince and serve with rice. Yummm. Try cutting the veg up really small if you can or even liquidise if you really need to. I HATE mushrooms but I cut them up so small that I don't notice they're even on my plate.

Hiya, I agree with the other posters about hiding veg in your food. I've become pretty good at it, there are loads of different meals that are great at disguising veg. In addition to the ideas stated by the above posters, you could hide lots of veg in an omelette. I usually fry up (in frylight) some red peppers, onions (normal onions or spring onions), mushrooms and spinach, pour some eggs over it, sprinkle a bit of cheese on top and grill it until the cheese is golden. The cheese masks the taste of the veg and it's nice cold for lunch too!

If it's really only salad you like, could you add more raw veg to your salads? I sometimes make a big bowl of salad and keep it in the fridge for a couple of days to have with lunch and dinner. I use lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, sweetcorn (that's not superfree though), grated carrots, sliced peppers and onions all mixed together. If you let it sit for a bit before eating it all the flavours mix together and it's really delicious! I also throw some jalapenos in for some spice if I have them to hand. Although it is salad, it's still got some bulky vegetables in it that will keep you full for longer. One of the best snacks / lunches I have is 2 slices of HEB bread slightly warmed in the toaster (but not toasted), spread them with a cheese triangle and load them up with this salad for a warm salad sandwich. I know it might sound a bit bizarre but the flavours are incredible!

Best of luck with your veg quest!

Back