Hi another newbie here!

astraea

I everyone, well I have been on Atkins, lost 3 stone then put it back on! , SW didn't work for me because of the free food! I just kept eating lol, and I have recently been on ww. I lost £5 the first few weeks and then despite sticking religiously to plan I have sts for about 6 weeks and I can't take it anymore!!

I think about food 24/7 and it is driving me mental lol. I have been reading about tfp diets for a while but did not know if I would be able to stick to it, but then I stumbled upon this forum and it looks like the answer to my prayers!

I am ready for it to be a hard slog and I know it won't be easy, but I am really hoping that this time something will go right for me and I'll loose this weight once and for all! I currently weigh 15st. 13lb and I am 5ft 8". I reckon I have about 5 stone to lose. I go on holiday at the end of July. Is it realistic to think I could have lost around 3 stone by then I I start on Monday?

I have ordered my first weeks pack and a load of samples too. Do you get a list of the foods you are allowed with the delivery?

Does anyone have any tips or advice before upstart on Monday?

Thanks for reading
Vikki :)

Hi hun,

Welcome :)

Yes you will get leaflet with what foods you can have. Theres a couple of good stickies on the forum you can have a read of that will give you a good idea before your pack coms and tells you diff things to do with meal packs and some pics aswell.

If you stick 100% to diet you could well lose the first three stone by then and then some!

Good luck!

Catdog xx

Last edited:
Welcome :) and can relate to the thinking about food 24/7 on other plans.
This one is so diff, I don't think about food hardly anymore apart from having to cook for my son in evenings but then I do enough to last him 3 days at a time so it's given me more time to look at my relationship with food and contemplating a healthier longterm balance once I get closer to goal.
The first few days while getting into Ketosis are tough but it's so worth working through it.
Good luck :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome! This is a great plan. Have a good read of the stickies as catdog suggested and feel free to ask any questions you have.

Hi Vikki!

The 'average' weightloss for VLCD's is around a stone a month.... so 3 stone in three-and-a-bit months is definately achievable!

My best advice for starting would be to have a kinda 'atkins/low carb weekend'..... both diets opporate on the whole ketosis thing and people who have done that have said it makes the first few days easier. You'll also likely to lose more weight week one.... and for me scale-hopping a few days in got me motivated! (Though, now one of my goals is to only go on the scales twice a week - not twice a day!).

My other advice would be to remember it gets easier.... I've been on it nine weeks and the first week I was constantly thinking about mealpacks and weight and things... now its just part of life. Although for the first two weeks i told everyone they werent allowed to cook any foods that I liked and that helped me resist alot!

Goood luck! you'll do fantastic!

not all of them just Tyrion..he is my favourite character in the books and they chose a great actor to play him in the series....i definately dont love cersei and Jamie in the later books redeems himself a little.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I have 4 kids so avoiding food is gonna be difficult! I will try and get my hubby to cook as much as poss though! I stuck with Atkins for about 5 months so I know I can do the ketosis thing, just a bit worried about what this stuff is gonna taste like and most of all getting through that first horrible week!

I am sooo determined this is like last chance saloon for me, if it does not work I will resign myself to being a big fat whale forever more!

Feeling a bit down about myself at the minute lol, think because for the past 3 months I have done SW and ww and I am the same weight as I started and I have been so good! Cannot understand why I did not lose any?

Thanks for the replies everyone! I have 4 kids so avoiding food is gonna be difficult! I will try and get my hubby to cook as much as poss though! I stuck with Atkins for about 5 months so I know I can do the ketosis thing, just a bit worried about what this stuff is gonna taste like and most of all getting through that first horrible week!

I am sooo determined this is like last chance saloon for me, if it does not work I will resign myself to being a big fat whale forever more!

Feeling a bit down about myself at the minute lol, think because for the past 3 months I have done SW and ww and I am the same weight as I started and I have been so good! Cannot understand why I did not lose any?

The only thing i can think of if you stuck to diet hundred percent is possibly getting your thyroid checked at docs hun, ive got underactive thyroid and until was diagnosed and on meds for it i kept putting weight on even though i was barely eating anything and exercising. I know from diff forum i was on couple year ago (i was on atkins but doing the nut and cream cheese madness lol) that people were saying even with 'normal' diets sticking to them the weight wasnt budging and atkins/ketosis was only thing working for them, im sure the weight will drop of with this diet hun.

Some of the packs are better than others and you can 'sex' them up lol like chilli in in green pepper baked in oven or wrapped in lettuce its yum, just try them all and find out which are your faves and you'll be flying.

Catdog xx

Tyrion_Lannister_lover said:
not all of them just Tyrion..he is my favourite character in the books and they chose a great actor to play him in the series....i definately dont love cersei and Jamie in the later books redeems himself a little.
Ill let you have that :)
Game of Thrones is one of those television series where Im annoyed that I have to wait a week. And my other half has stolen the books just as I want to reread!!

I everyone, well I have been on Atkins, lost 3 stone then put it back on! , SW didn't work for me because of the free food! I just kept eating lol, and I have recently been on ww. I lost £5 the first few weeks and then despite sticking religiously to plan I have sts for about 6 weeks and I can't take it anymore!!

I think about food 24/7 and it is driving me mental lol. I have been reading about tfp diets for a while but did not know if I would be able to stick to it, but then I stumbled upon this forum and it looks like the answer to my prayers!

I am ready for it to be a hard slog and I know it won't be easy, but I am really hoping that this time something will go right for me and I'll loose this weight once and for all! I currently weigh 15st. 13lb and I am 5ft 8". I reckon I have about 5 stone to lose. I go on holiday at the end of July. Is it realistic to think I could have lost around 3 stone by then I I start on Monday?

I have ordered my first weeks pack and a load of samples too. Do you get a list of the foods you are allowed with the delivery?

Does anyone have any tips or advice before upstart on Monday?

Thanks for reading
Vikki :)

Hi Vikki

We have similar stats (well, now we do, I was 16st something but lost 12lbs in March on Cambridge) so would be great to see how we all get on. There are quite a few newbies who have started over the last week. I am finding the SnS diet great with the meals & veg allowance.

Wow, you have a lovely big family - I have two daughters and a husband but only two to cook for at the mo as my little one is only 4 months :) its different for everyone but I actually find cooking soothing and even with my 'meals' I enjoy taking the time to prepare them

Good luck!! em x

thats so funny em because i find that cooking for my OH actually distracts me from eating. i really love trying new things out on him and he loves!! eating it lol. because i dont have a sweet tooth i can make him all sorts of cakes shortbreads and stuff without careing

Well I am on day 1 today! Hooray. I am feeling a bit nervous about how I'll get through the next few days, but I know from being on Atkins that once I'm in ketosis it gets a LOT easier! Just nervous because on Atkins I was grazing through the day on no carb stuff whereas I know with this I am taking in a ridiculously low amount of calories!

On the other hand I am ridiculously excited that I have started the plan and will hopefully be able to fit in some of the clothes in my wardrobe soon!
Just had a choc shake, it was good, going to have a chilli for lunch, in the office doing paperwork all day today so need to try and keep my mind not thinking about food all day :(

3 and a bit month to my holiday!!!!!

Back