Hi! Can I join you??

Sez

has started again!!
I was an LL client up until the end of November, stopped for Xmas, gained weight (doh!!) and tried SS-ing again........ However the will had left me!

I rejoined SW just over a week ago as I have done this before and I know it works. Sadly and God knows why, my first weeks loss was half a measly pound. :sigh: I was gutted, totally. I have paid for a 12 week countdown, so I am still hanging in there, just about!! It just better improve this week or I am probably going to stop. My will isnt that strong!

I do wonder, and perhaps you can advise me, with LL I drank 4 litres water a day, & I am drinking nowhere near this now. (I am a coffee addict tho) Should I up my water again?

Hope to post lots with you guys. I am happy to be taking control again and I know SW works........

I dont think you have to drink as much water as on CD because u dont go into ketosis. But waters always good for u anyways.

Best of luck and hang in there
catch
x

What are the reasons for drinking so much water? I know one is to stop you feeling hungry but there must be a scientific reason for it? Anyway, I agree with Babs- it's good to keep hydrated but I don't think there's any reason to drink any more than you want to. I think after doing a diet like LL or CD your body needs to readjust a bit- and besides, half a pound off is still half a pound off! You're doing well!

I was an LL client up until the end of November, stopped for Xmas, gained weight (doh!!) and tried SS-ing again........ However the will had left me!

I rejoined SW just over a week ago as I have done this before and I know it works. Sadly and God knows why, my first weeks loss was half a measly pound. :sigh: I was gutted, totally. I have paid for a 12 week countdown, so I am still hanging in there, just about!! It just better improve this week or I am probably going to stop. My will isnt that strong!

I do wonder, and perhaps you can advise me, with LL I drank 4 litres water a day, & I am drinking nowhere near this now. (I am a coffee addict tho) Should I up my water again?

Hope to post lots with you guys. I am happy to be taking control again and I know SW works........
Hiya Sarah welcome to the SW forum good luck and if you need any help there us usually someone around to help. I also echo what babs and skinny said about the water I dont think there is the need to drink so much on SW...:)

I find that SS on CD means i DO feel more thirsty. I know that to feel thirsty means your body is already dehydrated but sometimes i feel like i am choking with dryness and have to drink immediately

I was told the water was to help liver function and thus helps the body metabolise its food etc. I think I will try drinking a little more and see if it helps my loss this week. My WI is on a Weds so fingers crossed!!

Thanx for the welcome too!

Hey Sarah, Are you making the most of your free food? Cos i found the more i ate of the free food the more weight i lost. Sounds weird, but if i didn't have very much to eat that week i'd lose virtually nothing or stay the same.
As for the water heres a link to find out how much you 'should' be drinking for your current weight.
http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Hey Sarah, Are you making the most of your free food? Cos i found the more i ate of the free food the more weight i lost. Sounds weird, but if i didn't have very much to eat that week i'd lose virtually nothing or stay the same.
As for the water heres a link to find out how much you 'should' be drinking for your current weight.
http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Thanks for the info! Will take a look!

Quote' I rejoined SW just over a week ago as I have done this before and I know it works. Sadly and God knows why, my first weeks loss was half a measly pound. :sigh: I was gutted, totally. I have paid for a 12 week countdown, so I am still hanging in there, just about!! It just better improve this week or I am probably going to stop. My will isnt that strong!'

I have started Sw again and was ill the 1st week and lost 7lbs only to eat properly the 2nd week to put on 4lbs. So i know how gutted you must be feeling. My class leader asked me if i was still motivated( and she wasn't kidding)..........lol. I was ready to give it all up there and then but have perservered this week and i'm gonna c how my weigh in goes on thurs. Hang in there and see how the next week goes. I'm sure you'll have a good loss this week.

Hiya
Welcome back to SW my weight loss was slow after CDbut hey half a pound sounds good to me. Think positive about it and its better than gaining!
Good luck with your weight loss we are all here for each other!
Chin up chick
Ruth

Hi folks!

Just had week 2 wi, and lost 3lbs this time!! Phew!!

Maybe this means my poor old long suffering bod will finally be able to get back on an even keel!!

Thanks for all the tips etc!! Its feels good to belong again!!

Back