Hi everyone and thanks from a long term lurker!

FreyaJane

Afternoon!

I am new to Minimins, but not to weight loss! I have been trying to improve my diet since January, after weighing in at a whopping 22st11lb after Christmas :eek:.

I had always fluctuated a stone or two with my weight, but I was guilty of emotional eating after a very rough year in which I lost my mum and my best friend, my dad suffered from prostate cancer (all clear now!) and my nan had a stroke with me as her only carer. My weight really hit home when the size 20 jeans I had (shamefully :ashamed0005:) bought were getting too tight.

I started out trying to gently ease into a healthy lifestyle, as I have given up in the past by "going on a diet". By eating healthy and doing some light walking, I have dropped down to 17st7lb since Christmas, but seem to have reached a bit of a standstill this last month.

In order to keep the weight loss up, I have just started the Couch to 10k program (started 5k but enjoyed it so much I have changed app!), and have just finished week 1. I am also going to calorie count and try to come in under 1500 kcal each day.

Reading Minimins has given me a lot of support so far, so I decided to join to give me that extra motivation and support for the rest of my weight loss journey, so finishing with a thank you to everyone on this site for posting your own journeys, as it has really helped me!

Freya

Last edited:
HI FreyaJane

WOW you are doing so well! that's fantastic what you have achieved, especially with all the upheaval you have had. Are you going to keep a diary here? I would love to find out how you are getting on.

Lilly xx

Thanks, it has already made such a big change to how I feel, both physically and mentally!

I was thinking of starting a diary, but wasn't sure if I should put it in the diaries section or the calorie counting diaries so haven't made one yet.

Freya

Back