Hi everyone! Doing SW and hav nearly 9 stone to lose

Annabelle*83

Hi everyone,

Only seen this section today and hope you don't mind me joining.

Hope everyone doin well!

I started Sw about 8 or 9 weeks ago and hav lost 12pounds. I hav about 9 stone to lose in total and feels like I will never get there. I am so embarrassed about my weight I rarely leave the house and don't go out wit the girls anymore except for weddings, christenings etc. That I need to go too.

I hav had a rough 2 years, long story very short. Got bacterial meningitis 2years ago was hospitalized for 2weeks, for another year I was living in constant pain and on 20+ tablets daily to help, which didn't. Than last year had brain surgery to rectify problems that where caused from meningitis. Still hav daily headaches but not as bad. I am/was an accountant and was told 2months ago I would never go back to that job ever again as my memory and brain is not what it use to b. I'm on morphine tablets to try help wit headaches which I try not take cos leaves me feeling horrible. So a lot of the time I'm house bound :-(.

Friends and family don't understand what its like to feel horrible in yourself. And I'm sick of them giving their opinion on my weight, I know I'm huge and don't need anyone else to tell me that. I know they mean well but sometimes they make it worse.

Was just wondering, if anyone would like a weight loss buddie that's in the same similar situation as myself to help and support on our journey?

A
Xx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

Hun sounds like you ate having a tough time! I'm not in the same place as you health wise but started off much bigger than you and sw is a great plan for those with a lot to lose! Just stick to it and in no time you will feel the difference and start doing more x

Hi Jayde1148,
Thanks for the support, just feels like I'll never get there. Would love to b motivated to get out and exercise but just hate walking on my own and no-one to do it wit me :-(.
A
Xx

I love the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs I.do them at home you can find them in you tube too, may help you until you have the confidence to just go.for it yourself.

You can do this! It's not easy or quick but take it a day at a time and just kep plodding on x

Thanks Jayde1148, I will check that out. Thanks for your kind words.
A
Xx

hi annabelle welcome x
x

Hi Chezz,

Thanks for the welcome. Well done on you weight loss to date, what a achievement.

A
Xx

welcome to the group hun,you are doing really well, its very difficult I know to deal with your feelings about your size, I weighed in at 22 st 5 lbs 4 weeks ago and was horrified, I felt disgusted in myself, I had never weighed this much ever, I had let it make a recluse out of me, always putting off meeting up with friends and family and then suddenly I realised I had to turn things around for myself, I now am losing weight but through healthy eating with planned treats and am making myself get out more which is far from easy due to my "issues" and the severe depression but I am now forcing myself to do just that and I feel better than I have done in years. I am going out with friends and family each week at least once and am having a ball, yes I'm still very self conscious but I can't let my weight issues rob me of any more years of my life so I have decided to bite the bullet and I am sure you can with time, its got to be baby steps, pushing yourself a bit more each time, I find now that sometimes I come back from a night out with my best mate say a meal out and the theatre and I am literally buzzing and I can't believe I let my weight stop me doing this for so long!

It sounds like you have been through hell recently with the health issues and so be kind to yourself and just do things at your own pace at the end of the day, if that is a picture of you with your screen name then I have to say you are a very attractive lady so don't run yourself down hun! I have been to hell and back over the last ten years mainly due to abuse suffered and the ongoing mental health issues it resulted in but I finally feel like I am reclaiming my life, about time I guess! Em xx

Hi 1978Emma,

How are you keeping? Sorry only seen your reply now.

Thanks so much for your story and kind words, seems like we are similiar for a few things. Your right it is hard but you are so positive and not letting it get you down and getting you out and about and you seem to be really enjoying it. I too miss things like that and feel that my weight is controlling my life, but i know its not. Not sure if that makes sense :)!

Yeh thats my profile pic, it was taking at my brothers wedding last September. It has been a rough 2 years but I am getting there slowly with the help of a counsoler, boyfriend, Mam & Dad. I'd be lost without them. You have given me a positive outlook and I thank you for that.

Its brilliant that you are re-claiming your life back too, seems like you have been to hell couple of times over. There is always light at the end and things like this happens for no reason but makes us stronger people :). You are such a brave lady, thank you!

Thanks for your reply hun,
Good luck on your journey, hopefully we can help each other to get to our goal. One small step at a time :).

Love,
A
xx

jayde1148
wow thanks for the walking dvds ( you tube there great ) thanks

xxchezzxx

Thanks Annabelle for your lovely reply, trust me you look great in that photo, I know its so difficult when you hate the way you look, I get days now where I am super positive and can see the weight loss and then days when I am so horrible towards myself. I know the anxiety can make it so difficult to go out, like many people I have had some nasty things said to me when out and about because of my size and reacted by hiding myself away like some sort of monster and I have finally realised that comments like that says more about them, its their "issue", their hang up, I am not going to let a few narrow minded individuals stop me anymore. I have often found it hard to just let go and have fun as I am so self conscious and looking after my nieces has helped so much with that, they have helped me learn to laugh at myself and make a fool of myself, something that I would have been scared to do before, they have me running over these giant inflatable indoor play areas, I look like an idiot, usually am all red in the face and wacked but I have had a ball. I really hope you are doing well, it sounds like you have had to face alot, I am glad you have the support of a partner and family and of course your counsellor, I have a supportive family and therapist as well and they help me so much! Em xx

Hi 1978Emma,

Thats one thing I don't understand, what gives people the right to make nasty comments about other people. People can be so mean especially other women. You are so right, its their issue and their problem. Some people have to make other people feel bad to make themselves feel better. I actually feel sorry for people like that.

Aah you sound like a great aunty to the girls, kids are great like that. They so innocent and don't see size as a issue. I will be a aunty for the first time in couple of months and I can't wait :).

We are lucky to have support behind us, cause it really helps :). We probably have faced alot that others haven't faced at our age but it will make us stronger people and it will help us to face whats to come. You are such a strong woman and are truely a inspiration :). You are doing so well and I wish you lots of luck on your journey :). We will get there :).

A
Xxx

annabella you hit the nail on the head there no one as a right to bring us down and comment but they do i always same to them i may be big but i do have a heart
i seem to be getting the evil eye now im losing weight i just laugh and think you shallow people

xxchezzxx

Hi Chezz,
Let them give you the evil eye, they are only jealous :). You are doing brilliant, fair play to you :)!
A
XXX

exactly Annabelle, I don't get why people are so nasty to others, I wouldn't dream of going up to a stranger and saying something really hurtful yet people often feel they have the right to come up to people who are bigger and say really nasty comments. I was in Tesco only a short while back and some lady called me a "f ing fat cow" now I don't know what on earth made her say that, I hadn't even said a word to her, even looked at her or anything but I guess sadly some people get off on putting others down.

Oh you will love being an auntie, its such a special thing, I know some people are more involved as aunties than others but for me I am very hands on, my nieces are pretty much in denial about my excess weight, they can't see it as they just see someone they love so much, so if anything horrible is said to me they can't understand why, recently their biggest worry was if I was losing weight I wouldn't be the same auntie anymore, think they love their bear hugs ha ha, they said they didn't want me to turn into "Billy Bones" which nearly made me wet myself, as if! ha ha

Oh and thankyou for your lovely comments, I am trying to get my life back on track but I have to say some days I don't think I would stay on track if it wasn't for logging on here and chatting with lovely supportive people. Em xx

Oh and Chezz, why is it hey that even close friends and family can act differently when you are losing weight, I am sure its jealousy that perhaps you are trying to tackle your weight and maybe they aren't managing to at that time but its weird the different reactions it brings out in people you are close to. Em xx

hi anabella
lol you took them words out of my mouth lolol its true i just give them a dirty look and i think sod you love when i was a beach whale you looked and now i have let a bit off air out so i can move round faster lolol you still look lolol

xxchezzxx

hi em

its true that family have been funny with me i can tell that a mile away my mum says she is proud of me and i know she is and my sis but they like give me the glance i just giggle and em i tell you what i have really noticed and the hubby saw it to and burst out laughing the bigger ladys like myself giving me the evil eye honest its like there saying why are you leaving our gang you wotever its so funny i have to laugh i mean one women just stood there looked me up and down then walked of i burst out laughing what a bloody joke

xxchezzxx

Back