Hi everyone from a newbie returner.

Soraya

Silver Member
I've been lurking here for a few days so I thought I'd say hello.

My story is that I have had problems with my weight since my early 20's. I eventually found Atkins and lost some weight and then stabilised. I then lost the other 50lbs with Cambridge. This was around 6 years ago and have fought to keep the weight off since. I was ill in 2010/11 and am now 30lbs heavier. Cannot get my head into weight loss and having been using Slimpods for the last few weeks.

Anyway 30lbs to lose, would love to lose as much as possibe before a big holiday at the end of May so I feel comfy on the beach and just generally fitter.

Good luck, a plan is the best way forward! :)

Hi and welcome. Good luck:)

Slimpods are not easy to explain. Not a diet as such but using a technique called 'wordweaving' which combines cognitive behavioural therapy with hypnosis.

I've been using them since mid December. Each 'pod' is 8 mins long and listening to them since before Christmas and eating whatever I wanted I didn't gain weight over Christmas and didn't feel deprived.

I'm an emotional eater but I don't binge anymore - and it was tested a few times this month. If I do overeat I don't feel bad or like I've failed.

I'm now back in the gym and low carbing almost without thinking because it feels natural. I only realised I was eating Atkins when I had a stinking ketosis headache.

It all sounds very New Age hippie when I try and explain - there is a section in minis about slimpods where a few people have been trying them out.

Back