Hi Everyone, I am new here!! Starting SW next Monday

Annabelle*83

Hi Everyone,

How's things?

I am new here and I am starting SW next Monday the 14th of May. I have alot of weight to lose and am so embarassed :cry:. The last two years have been so bumpy for me regarding my health and my weight has suffered cause of it. Long story very short, got bacterial meningitis in 2010 and just last year had brain surgery to try help with the damage that was caused by the meningitis. I had to stop working and rarely leave the house, my confidence is so so low.
I am looking for help and support!! My friends all have beauiful figures and I hate standing beside them in photos, its just getting me so down. One of my friends hen party is in 2 weeks and I have said I can't go, out of embarassment :cry:. The wedding is in July and would love to be down a little bit of weight. Not only for the wedding, mainly for me! I just want to fit comfortably into clothes again, I want my old life back.

Has anyone any advise as to what to expect on my first day in SW? or any advise in general?

Thanks
Love
A
xx

Hello Annabelle. you will do fine, it really works, your story is so similar to mine. I too have had lots of health problems had meningoencephamyelitis (its a mouthful) in march 2010 and am also unable to work, i leave the house to go to slimming club and thats about it, the old brain has lots of problems and wont let my legs work. but enough of that i go to club and have lost 50 pounds since Dec 13th and i cannot believe how quickly the time has flown, dont be embarrassed, if its anyting like my club they will welcome you with open arms. i also notice your location is kildare, my mum came from Newbridge and we still ave a huige family over there, see lots of similarities, i still ave a lot more weight to lose but am sure i can do it, and i would not have said that last year.. good luck to you and looking forward to hearing your progress. Bridie x

Hi girls,

Jenny thanks for the tip will def try that!

Bridie, thanks for ur reply too.
Yes, newbridge is the group I will b starting in on Monday :).
Woow fair play u, that's a huge achievement in such a short time. Congrats!
Health issues are awful, they make u feel so alone and isolated. I'm just fed up and need to take control of my life again. I hav about 9 stone to lose and feel its a mountain I will never get over :-(.
It def sounds like it works and I will def try it I think group meetings will really benefit me just even gettin out of the house.
Would u know the cost to start and weekly charge?
Thank u so so much, nice to know I am not on my own.

A
Xx

we pay £4.95 here in england i dont know what that equates to in Euros. I am hoping (well it wont do any harm) losing weight will help my health. I know it cant help the brain.. but it can take the pressure off, and hopefully my walking may improve, we wont know til we try. i wish I had done it years ago, so good luck, it honestly gets easier as it goes along. Fancy that your off to Newbridge, I love it there, My Granny and her ten kids lived in Chapel Lane, but the clan have spread all over the world, still some there though St Dominics Park, moorfield Drive, gosh the places are rushing back to me, the Hannigans were a good bunch. you will love Slimming world im sure, the hardest step is the first one, and all the lovely summer salads to come, (hopefully) i found all the girls and boys really friendly and welcoming at the club, the first week i sat and listened then the consultant or our leader as we call her,,,,,, talked me throug the plan, then the weigh in, nobody other than you and who weighs you ever know your weight unless you want them to, then off you go,, normally shopping for all your lovely healthy food, it was a shock to my system, because i didnt get to my weight eating lots of fruit, but i went for it, you will loose more the first couple of weeks altough not everybody does a few a t group have lost 2lb every single week from the start to their target, but as you lose the weight i find it spurs me on, but i have had the old time where its all seemed to much and i have munched,,, but as long as i get back on track its fine, we are human and we have to live our lives so we wont always be be perfect every week, good luck and enjoy it, and staying to the body magic, the chatting part after weigh ins really helps, we swap recipes, discuss how we feel, i was and still am the biggest at my group but they all support me, you will soon see results. Bridie x

Hi Bridie,
Thanks so much for all ur help and support. Well u sound like ur doin great, keep all the good work. Will check in when I go next wk actually lookin forward to it now. Thanks!
Take care
A
Xx

Hi Annabelle.
Welcome to SW, remember we are all here for the same reason, so don't feel embarrassed about your weight. Ant questions, just ask, there is always someone here who has the answer. I have been on SW for 1 year now and have almost reached my new target of 6.5 stone off! Just enjoy the great recipes and you will be ok. Good luck.
Pete

Hi Pete,
Thanks a million. So nice to feel that I'm not on my own. Really want to lose weight for me and try improve my health. Just want part of my life I had before I got sick. Really lookin forward to starting on Monday.
Congrats on been near ur target, that's a huge huge achievement. Well done. Well I'll stay in touch cos the support and encouragement is great, spurs u on. Thanks again Pete
A
Xx

hi and welcom im on about wk 6 which is the longest I have stuck to any diet for many years! it was not through lack of trying but I seemed to be in a cycle of jus loosing and regaining 2lbs on eveyr other diet so just got disheartened.

Im veggie, have ibs and dont like egg so struggled with finding anythihg to eat on a lot of diets - sw has been brilliant for that.

whilst i agree with what many have said about planning ahead sadly im too busy and too unorganised to do that. I tend to just plan the day ahead (doing silly things like finishing work around 9 then standing cooking pasta for the following days lunch and diner) but it is working some weeks its been 1lbs others its been 3 but not stayed the same at all yet. xxx

Hi Brinkleydaizy,

Thanks for your reply.

To be honest I am the same, started WW twice and gave up cause after about 4 weeks i wasn't losing anything, so gave up :cry:. Went back to old habits and now i am 3 stone heavier than what i was when i started WW. Really going to give SW a try, alot of people seem to have good results. I think this site is great and will def continue to post, think i need a little encouragement and not to give up.
I too don't/can't eat eggs, so hopefully not many dishes using eggs.
Best of luck on your journey!!
Thanks again,
A
XX

Hi A

Like everone else has said please don't feel embarrassed - you have quite frankly been through a right ordeal by the sounds of it, give yourself a pat on the back for surviving.

I have a good friend who lost over 8 stone on SW and my mum went from a size 22 to a size 14 (her actual weight is a closely guarded secret - ha ha) and has kept it off for years - and she now can't do a lot of exercise because of some health issues.

I'm just starting again and am not keen on a lot of veg and have to have something sweet each day even if it's a mouthful, and I'm still losing weight slowly but surely - and if I can do it anyone can

So good luck for you start on monday:)

Hi Boobalicous,
How's things? Thanks for ur response.
Woow fair play to ur friend that's a huge about to lose, do u mind me asking, if it took her long to do?
Thanks so much for ur support, are u doin slimming world long?
A
Xx

Hi Doe,

How's things? Having my super free food ready to go than my bran flakes to go. So will c how I go today. Was half stone heavier than I thought :-(. Still a little confused wit what I need to do but will sit down later and through everything again.

How are u?

A
Xx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

Congratulations Annabelle, you will soon be a loser like the rest of us!! did you enjoy it? the extra half stone will be gone in no time. it is all confusing at first, i actually find out more on here about SW than at the meetings, good luck with your first week. Bridie x

Hey Birdie,
Yeh its so confusing to b honest, not sure if I am doin it properly or not. Can I ask a question, if I had bran flakes for breakfast and than wholemeal bread for lunch, I hav to count the bread as 6 syncs. Is that right?
Thanks!
A
Xx

yes. but thats fine you are allowed between 5 and 15 syns per day.. it will become easier to work out i promise. although i still have to check up a lot, you are doing the extra easy plan arent you? if you are doing the original or green you can have 2 As and 2 Bs each day, but then you will have to check the syn values of the other foods as meat as syns on green days and potatoes and carbs are syns on original, i hope i havent made it more confusing... i always do the extra easy, as i find it really is.. good luck, and ask anyting you want, i cant promise i will know the answer but will try...

Thanks Birdie :),
Yeh doin the extra easy plan. I hav my superfree veg and fruit all prepared in the fridge so I remember to use 1/3 for each meal. I found if I'm not organised I will go wild, well was like that on ww :).
Ooh just one more question, sorry! The muller yogurts - orange with dark chocolate, vanilla with chocolate and vanilla chocolate and cherry underlyer. Are they free? And can I eat as many as I want? Sorry for questions :-(.
A
Xx

Hi Annabelle

My friend took about 18 months to lose his weight and he has kept it off - he did do it really hard core though with only about 5 syns a day etc, plus is now fit enough he can run half marathons - sadly i am not that dedicated!!!!!

Sw does work - i first did it in my early 20's and got down to a size 10 (oh those were the days!) but then my weight has gone up and down a bit - but thats coz i didnt stick to the principles of the plan !

Hope you first few days have been going well, it is all a bit weird until you get your head round it, but you should have a good weight loss first few weeks at least which might help to spur you on

and muller light i think are all free apart from the ones with the layer - i think they are 1.5 syns each:)

Hi Boobalicious,
Woow fair play to your friend thats fantasic. Yeh trying to get use to it, still can't get my head around that you can eat what you want really, like chicken, you can eat and eat and eat. My head not figuring that out ha ha. Will stick to it 100% and hopefully get results next week for my wi.
Would you do much excerise, or what would you suggest. I only walked for about 30mins today.

Axx

Back