Hi everyone! I am new here with atleast 10 stone to lose!

kat1979

Hi everyone!

Just a quick introduction :D I am Katie a 33 year old married mum of two beautiful girlys, self employed photographer and ***** lover <3

I have been battling with my weight and body image issues from the age of 10, tried everything and had only temporary success if any at all :( Have always felt completely overwhelmed by the sheer number of pounds I need to lose to get to a healthy weight and have always set unrealistic goals and tried to lose as quick as possible. Something is very different for me this time, I am in no rush, have accepted it will take a few years atleast. I am not in competition with anyone or comparing myself to anyone, not wanting to be ultra skinny, just wanting to be in a healthy weight range even if it is at the top end of the scale. Fully accept I will have ALOT of excess skin. Acceptance has had to take place for me to be able to get real with myself and to be honest with myself. I believe in God and I do believe he has worked in my mind and heart to help me with this and get me to a place where I am finally ready. I used to be so afraid of failure and what people thought of me and now I don't care too much and I am not afraid to make mistakes. Was even afraid of success at one time and what that would mean for me, strange I know but true. So here I am ready to embark on this journey.

As you can see I am a waffler, this is no quick intro :D

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Katie x

Hi :)

I started off with 10stones 10 lbs to lose. I now have 8 stones to lose... Granted its taken me ages to lose that but I'm in a good head space now.

What plan are you thinking of following?

hi kat
welcome to the forum yes you are so right your doing for you and no one else and if you do take your time to lose your body will have time to adjust to the new you good luck on your weight loss journey no matter how long it takes xxx

Hi Kat, welcome to the forum :)

I had just over 7 stone to lose but can empathise with having poor body image. I've been overweight since I was a toddler, except for a brief period after school when I worked in quite a physical job. This forum is great for getting support and tips on.

Are you doing a particular diet or are you just sticking to calorie counting/eating healthy?

Thanks so much for your replies ladies :) Yep 'easy does it' is my motto. I am not on any special plan but have my own plan which consists of prayer, eating a balanced diet and keeping a food journal to keep an eye on my calorie intake. As I have been eating to stuff down negative emotions I will be keeping a diary of how I am feeling each day. I now walk loads more and hope some day that it will turn into a jog!

Interested to know what plans you are on and any tips you can share would be brill.

Katie x

Back