Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum

Evgmv

I have recently lost 7 stone on Lighter life but now want to follow a more conventional weight loss programme which involves eating. Therefore, I joined slimming world three weeks ago and in my first week I lost 3lb. I maintained in my second week. I'm aiming to lose another three stone but am not worried how long it takes me. Has anyone else done something similar, and any advice would be very welcome.

Welcome to Slimming World!
I havent done a plan swap like you but I cant see why it wouldnt work out. SW is fab and once you get your head around things is really enjoyable!

General starter advice from me: syns are not your enemy. 15 syns a day = 300 cal a day of treats. Having less syns and more free foods instead is not always the best answer. A lot of people seem to think 'syn free' days are great for weight loss, but a mugshot is 250~ cal and 'free' but not half as nice as that 6 syn (120 cal) curly wurly you actually wanted, and is worse for you in the long run. So enjoy all your syns :D and Hex's which can be a free ticket to a treat too!
Hope you enjoy eating proper foods again, woohooo! X

Wow 7 stone, that's amazing. I started out on weight watchers and lost 4.5 stone, I started to struggle with the points allowance per day when you count points on things like fruit and stuff. I joined SW and lost another 3.5 stone, it's def a more realistic eating plan for people who love their food :)

Thanks for your advice. I must admit I am struggling to get my head around syns and have been having free food like mug shots instead of syns. It seems as if my body is still getting used to food again instead of meal packs and I think I will maintain again this week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've tried so many diets over the years but SW is defo the one for food lovers. My tip is preparation all the way, especially for those who work shifts, like myself. If I have meals already cooked/frozen/prepared it stops me from grabbing the first thing In Sight when I come in the door. Even preparing for the next day helps :)

Thanks Mariah, your advice is very welcome. I'm trying to find my way around this forum so I'm sorry if I'm a bit slow in responding.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think for me SW is about eating normal food while being healthy and losing weight. Welcome to SW and let us know how you get on.

Back