hi everyone is this right

mummy2beslim

taking one day at a time
Been reading lots off threads and decided i am gonna do the plan from 6pm to 6pm . I think this will stop of getting my pains when i eat too low all day . I think these times will fit in better is it the same no special rules just UD from 6 last night to six tonight then DD till six pm tomorrow . on the Up days will wait till after six for main meal and on down day approaching will have main meal 5 pm so that ill be full till morning is this correct x

Last edited:
If you do the 24 hour fast your day should be DDU and then UUD. This means no breakfast or lunch but dinner on DDU and then breakfast, lunch but no dinner in you UUD. of course you can have snacks too

Oh that sounds complicated!

I do days... morning til bedtime. So that means I can run a DD from tea at 6pm on an UD until about 9 am breakfast the next UD - 39 hours. It is no problem at all as I am asleep for about 14 of them. I doubt I could keep up with it if I did from tea to tea or lunch to lunch. Though I know some people here do. Maybe some of them will pop in and let you know how they do it.

It really is an individual choice, wonderful 'diet' :)

Yip, I've been doing what greens eyes said, and that's what Han has been doing. Think Han also throws in a small snack around 3pm, like a choc bar or something

16 lost : 51 to goal

Oh gosh am confused now Whats a UUD and a D D U

Yep I do 5 to 5. Today I've started fasting at 5pm. And as stated I do have a treat pre fast to keep me going. Then on Monday I have down breakfast, down lunch, and up dinner. When I say ddu that's what I mean. Then on Tuesday I have up breakfast up lunch and down dinner (which is a uud day)

I don't usually count on my ups and I fast on my downs (just tea and milk) but theorectically if you wanted to follow the cal restriction you'd need to split ur cals over the 24 hours and not the regular days. For example if I wanted to eat between now and tomorrow lunch I'd have 500 cals. Perhaps 200 for Sunday dinner, 100 for Monday breakfast and then the remaining 200 for Monday lunch.

I love the split because it puts a sleep between the fast. I've fasted since 5 today, will go to bed tonight, and usually feel revitalised by Monday morning, and not quite as hungry.

However it can be hard not to just eat lots at 5pm cause I can. But I found that when I did regular days too. I just eat a filling dinner and that usually helps with the craving to eat crap.

I prefer this way a lot more than regular days but it's great that u can be flexible. I've planned to do all of Christmas eve as a fast day, then I'll do a split day later in the week. (probably wed night to Thursday lunch) That's the beauty of tweaking it to suit. Makes life a lot easier :) xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Hannata

I'm just looking at starting JUDD and was planning on just doing straightforward days but just reading this thread has got me thinking about the idea of doing it a bit differently, like you do it.

However, I'm just unclear of things - if you go from 5pm > 5pm that is 24hrs with say a 10hr sleep in it.

If I do a 'normal' UD/DD cycle and stop eating at say 9pm, then do a DD and start eating again at 9am on the next UD that means I have done 36hrs with two 10hr sleeps in it which sounds better in that I get an extra 12hrs built into my DD.

I know it means you are eating at 5pm every day - do you think this is easier than going the full DD with just 500 cals or whatever someone's DD allowance is.

I think I'm going to test both out and see what works best for me anyway

It is interesting to read what different approaches people take though - makes this really flexible doesn't it!!

Cheers
Phil

betaff said:
Hi Hannata

I'm just looking at starting JUDD and was planning on just doing straightforward days but just reading this thread has got me thinking about the idea of doing it a bit differently, like you do it.

However, I'm just unclear of things - if you go from 5pm > 5pm that is 24hrs with say a 10hr sleep in it.

If I do a 'normal' UD/DD cycle and stop eating at say 9pm, then do a DD and start eating again at 9am on the next UD that means I have done 36hrs with two 10hr sleeps in it which sounds better in that I get an extra 12hrs built into my DD.

I know it means you are eating at 5pm every day - do you think this is easier than going the full DD with just 500 cals or whatever someone's DD allowance is.

I think I'm going to test both out and see what works best for me anyway

It is interesting to read what different approaches people take though - makes this really flexible doesn't it!!

Cheers
Phil

I guess with a split day approach you do have to follow meals rather than just grazing all day. I don't eat any more in an average week doing split days. The whole time thing works out differently... A down day is shorter but the same theory can be applied to up days, on a traditional up day you do not have an 8 hour fast in between. ( which of course is sleep between evening up, and next days up breakfast.) it's like on split days you are cutting the ups and downs into smaller pieces I guess.

The split day approach is easier for me mentally cause I'm always getting food at some point in the day. And I found I was getting less fatigued and had less of a chance of getting a migraine. The sleep nearly revitalises me. The migraines were the primary reason for me to split days, and I was also eating for no reason on Sunday night... So shuffling it along like that removes Sunday night eating and gives me a nice treat on Friday night instead.

This is a normal week for me:

Saturday up up up
Sunday up up down
Monday down down up
Tuesday up up down
Wednesday down down up
Thursday up up down
Friday down down up

Each line corresponds to breakfast lunch and dinner respectively, and my changeover is 5pm. Eg on Tuesday I stop eating at 5, and on Friday I can have my up "day" after 5.

I used to do typical days but I just like splitting more. Neither is wrong and I've lost weight with both approaches. Thats what's so great about juddd it really is adjustable :) and I fully intend to utilise full fast days if my circumstances require it :)

Yep I do 5 to 5. Today I've started fasting at 5pm. And as stated I do have a treat pre fast to keep me going. Then on Monday I have down breakfast, down lunch, and up dinner. When I say ddu that's what I mean. Then on Tuesday I have up breakfast up lunch and down dinner (which is a uud day)

I don't usually count on my ups and I fast on my downs (just tea and milk) but theorectically if you wanted to follow the cal restriction you'd need to split ur cals over the 24 hours and not the regular days. For example if I wanted to eat between now and tomorrow lunch I'd have 500 cals. Perhaps 200 for Sunday dinner, 100 for Monday breakfast and then the remaining 200 for Monday lunch.

I love the split because it puts a sleep between the fast. I've fasted since 5 today, will go to bed tonight, and usually feel revitalised by Monday morning, and not quite as hungry.

However it can be hard not to just eat lots at 5pm cause I can. But I found that when I did regular days too. I just eat a filling dinner and that usually helps with the craving to eat crap.

I prefer this way a lot more than regular days but it's great that u can be flexible. I've planned to do all of Christmas eve as a fast day, then I'll do a split day later in the week. (probably wed night to Thursday lunch) That's the beauty of tweaking it to suit. Makes life a lot easier :) xx

thank you so much ,makes sense nor.Great help :)

I am so happy I saw this thread. I have never considered doing it this way but it makes so much sense to me. I like to DD on Monday, Wednesday and Friday but if I am busy on Friday I just make it into an UD meaning I will only do 2 that week. This way I can DD from Thursday evening to Friday evening, still have my Friday night but continue my 3 DD.

Such a simple concept but it never occured to me. THANK YOU

:bliss:

I've been doing this way for 2wks now and really loving it. Means each day I get to look forward to something :)

Sausages and champ tonight!

15 lost : 52 to goal

As I have been really busy at work I have been mixing it up a bit and have noticed one odd thing, I always feel uncomfortably full, bloated.

I am sat here looking forward to our usual steak night and not really 100% looking forward to it! shock horror, world collapses around me!

JUDDD does such odd things to your relationship with food! It is, as I may have said once or twice before, WONDERFUL!

2012willdoit said:
As I have been really busy at work I have been mixing it up a bit and have noticed one odd thing, I always feel uncomfortably full, bloated.

I am sat here looking forward to our usual steak night and not really 100% looking forward to it! shock horror, world collapses around me!

JUDDD does such odd things to your relationship with food! It is, as I may have said once or twice before, WONDERFUL!

Agreed, I didn't even finish my pizza last night lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It doesn't even seem like a waste any more. I just leave bits and feed the bin :)

My Nana would be disappointed with me :D

This is a normal week for me:

Saturday up up up
Sunday up up down
Monday down down up
Tuesday up up down
Wednesday down down up
Thursday up up down
Friday down down up

Hi, can you give me a bit more detail on what a down meal consists of on this regime? I'm presuming an up meal is whatever you want to eat for that meal.

I think if I were doing it that way, I would do something like a down breakfast is 100 cals, while a down lunch or tea are 200 cals each, so if you did all three on the same day, that would be your 500 cals for the day.

Must admit I've been struggling a bit with my DD lately, not been as strict with the 500 cals. Perhaps a different approach would give me a fillip.

Barbara

BarbaraG said:
Hi, can you give me a bit more detail on what a down meal consists of on this regime? I'm presuming an up meal is whatever you want to eat for that meal.

I think if I were doing it that way, I would do something like a down breakfast is 100 cals, while a down lunch or tea are 200 cals each, so if you did all three on the same day, that would be your 500 cals for the day.

Must admit I've been struggling a bit with my DD lately, not been as strict with the 500 cals. Perhaps a different approach would give me a fillip.

Barbara

Day 1 - Sunday dinner, Monday breakfast & lunch as one "day" and it gets 500 calories.

Day 2 is Tuesday dinner, wed lunch & breakfast - 500 for that

Day 3 is Thursday dinner, Friday breakfast & lunch - another 500

So on Sunday night, say I have a 250 cal meal, I could have 50 for Monday breakfast, then I'd have 200 for Monday lunch. Or you could eat 500 on Sunday night and fast on Monday breakfast and lunch.

Personally I fast the entire day asides cups of tea. Just find it easier to cope with. Eating seems to make me hungry. Lol xx

Right, that makes sense.

Interesting that eating makes you hungry. I do find that with certain types of food - DH bought some salted peanuts a couple of weeks ago, and I could not keep my hands off them! But barring that - small amounts of healthy food satisfy me rather than provoke more eating.

Having said that - today is a DD, and I've had about 600 calories across two meals. And I could eat more...

Barbara

Back