Extra Easy Hi everyone, just after a bit of advice. confused

lol90

Having tried SW approx 5times, been to classes twice still not getting this way of eating at all, when i look through my books at syns values it has different answers on this forum and its confusing me. (easy done). I havent lost a lot of weight any time ive done the diet and dont know where im going wrong as its simple enough. Asda spicy vegetable couscous in one book is free, in another its 0.5 and in another its 1.5, if anyone can confirm would much appreciate it. Also not sure if not losing weight due to the fact i like a drink on a weekend, used to drink lager massive in calories so was told dry wine with slimline tonic is ok. Does anyone know how many syns are in a bottle of pinot grigio. any advice would be great. Many thanks in advance.;-)

The correct syn values are the ones in your most recent book (normally this years food optimising book) but if you go to group you can get online which will always be the most upto date :)

Hi thanks for reply, i was just gonna try and do it myself again, i basically know some of it but dont want to go back to the classes when i seem like im wasting my money not losing weight.

What are these different books you are looking at? If they are different versions of the basic Food Optimising book that you were given at SW classes, then you should take the most recent one. Manufacturers often change the composition of their products and SW does its best to keep up with them, which is why syn values change.

A 175ml glass of dry white wine is 6 syns, a 250ml glass would be 8.5 syns. A bottle of wine is normally 750ml so that would be three ties 8.5 syns which would be 25.5 syns

You could dilute the wine with soda water and have a spritzer, but I can't imagine what putting tonic water in it would taste like! If you had vodka and tonic, or gin and tonic, then a 35ml measure would be 4 syns and slimline tonic would be free, so that would be a lower syn option. As well as not ruining a perfectly good bottle of wine!

There is a section on this forum for putting in food diaries for other people to comment on, which might be useful for you. And another section for syn enquiries.

Ah thanks for that, very helpful but slimline tonic in wine is very nice first had it this year on holiday. I will put on a diary. Many thanks;-)

My advice is to go back to group. If you've done the plan 5 times before and are still struggling you need some one to one support.

I would suggest signing up for a 6 week countdown (you get a week free) which will encourage you to go each week. Use that 6 weeks to find out everything, pester your consultant with all the questions you have, find out where you could be going wrong and learn as much as you can and make sure you have all the up-to-date books and info. After the 6 weeks go it alone at home if you feel you've cracked it.

Also, Sainsbury's do a great low alcohol Czech lager 1 syn a bottle (large bottle) would thoroughly recommend :)

Having tried SW approx 5times, been to classes twice still not getting this way of eating at all, when i look through my books at syns values it has different answers on this forum and its confusing me. (easy done). I havent lost a lot of weight any time ive done the diet and dont know where im going wrong as its simple enough. Asda spicy vegetable couscous in one book is free, in another its 0.5 and in another its 1.5, if anyone can confirm would much appreciate it. Also not sure if not losing weight due to the fact i like a drink on a weekend, used to drink lager massive in calories so was told dry wine with slimline tonic is ok. Does anyone know how many syns are in a bottle of pinot grigio. any advice would be great. Many thanks in advance.;-)

Which books are you looking at? The food optimising book only gives average syn values so some will be higher and others lower. Its best to check syns for your particular brand online and you need to be a member to do that.

Chosen by You Couscous, Spicy Vegetable, made up as directed, 110g pack 2 19½ 2

Back