Hi everyone - Newbie

Nicola_Cx

:wavey:

I'm thinking of starting LT but just wanted to ask, does it make you feel really tired??

I had a baby 5 weeks ago so not sure if its recommended but I'm desperate to loose this weight

thanks..x

Hi Nicola

You're probably pretty tired anyway with a 5 week old baby! I haven't found the tiredness too bad (on Day 7), I have a 5 year old and it hasn't affected what I get up to with him, he's just at nursery until he starts school after the summer holidays. So I have him and two dogs to look after (my husband's away with work). Why don't you speak to your GP at your 6 week check and see what they say?

Hi i am also new today don't really know how it all works but have quit slimming world and need to feel focused so here goes good luck to you too !!!

Hi Nicola

You're probably pretty tired anyway with a 5 week old baby! I haven't found the tiredness too bad (on Day 7), I have a 5 year old and it hasn't affected what I get up to with him, he's just at nursery until he starts school after the summer holidays. So I have him and two dogs to look after (my husband's away with work). Why don't you speak to your GP at your 6 week check and see what they say?

Hello :)

Thank you for your reply.. Yeah it is pretty tiring lol which is why I am abit worried to start it if its going to make me more tired as I don't want it effecting what I do with the little one.. I will speak to doc yeah but thought I'd ask on here first and get people's actual experiences because docs can be abit over top sometimes ha..x

Hi there

Once you get into ketosis, I found that it felt like I had more energy actually...

I would guess that it wouldn't be good for you to do LT so close after having a baby - you're body's still recovery. I think it would also
affect your milk if you're breast feeding..

^ That's a really good point - I would speak to your GP / pharmacist about it first and check if you are breast feeding. The shakes contain enough nutrients to get you by but whether they are enough for you and the baby combined is an issue worth looking into first. The most important thing is that your baby is getting what it needs. Maybe consider just starting a strict eating / exercise regime for now, and then go for LT when you're done breast feeding if you still want to lose more? :)

Back