Hi Everyone starting today after doing vlcd

sallsa

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.:) I have just rejoined back to slimming world this morning. I have just lost 2 stone with lighterlife but have been finding it so so so hard not to eat ...lol...Anyway looking forward to chatting to everyone and doing my first week. Does anyone else have the experience of moving from a vlcd to slimming world? Should I expect to gain in the first week or so? Any response would be really helpful as I am so worried about putting the weight back on again - sal x:)

Hi and welcome!
I came from CD to SW and yes, I had a 4lb gain in my first week, however the second week I lost loads, so wasnt bothered!
Some people get a gain from suddenly going from liquid shakes, to food..I was one of them!

Good luck and if you love eating then SW is definitely the plan for you!!!

xx

Welcome to SW! I've never done a 'named' vlcd before, but did try that stupid cayenne pepper and maple syrup drink thing for a week (never again!) and what I lost in that week went right back on. But that's probably because I put my body through hell and back in 2 weeks.

You may experience a gain but that will probably be your body re-adjusting. SW does work and you will catch back anything you do gain - but you might not gain either!

Well done on loss so far - 2 stones is brilliant!!! Good luck xxx

Thanks Mrs V, At least I know it will be normal to gain a few pounds and only 4lbs in 1 week is great especially when you lost the following week. I hope I get on as well as you you, mind you I'm not usually that lucky!! lol Anyway I plan to try to stick to mainly red days as once I start tucking into the pasta I wont stop!! Will keep you all posted how I get on - thanx sal

Thanx Sticky, Yes I am def going to stick at it even if there is a bit of a gain at the start but as you say - there might not be - heres hoping - sal x:)

hi there! well i joined SW on monday following CD - I put on 5lbs following CD after refeed and two holidays, so now lets hope it drops off again! so nice being able to eat! lol

Good luck Huney! Any gain will soon be lost and you will experience a boost in your mood, skin, sleep and dare I say it? Bowel habits!

Thanx everyone, Yes it is great being able to eat today!!! I only had some chicken, mangetout and brocolli for my tea but my god it felt good!! I lost the 2 stone in 10 weeks and have gone from a size 16/18 to a 12 jeans and a 12/14 top. It was quite expensive though so the way that I funded it was to sell my clothes that were getting too big for me on ebay - so now I dont have any bigger clothes - hence the not wanting to put too much weight on..lol.. - sal

Hi Guys. I joined cd 3 weeks ago and lost 12lbs. But I needed to eat so I back on sw today. My meeting is on Monday and I'm expecting a big gain. Keep me posted on how you r doing. Petrina :)

Hi Petrina, Good Luck and let me know how you get on! I'm sort of dreading my first weigh in too - sal

Gosh it must feel really strange having food again, but I wish you well and hope your first week isn't too painfull on the scales. Just write it off if you have gain and take it from there. Good luck and welcome to the site.

Back