Hi Everyone.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GuitarJim1987, 12 July 2009 Social URL.

1. GuitarJim1987

GuitarJim1987 Member

Hi Everyone I hope you are all well. I have decided to join this forum as I really want to get serious about weight loss. I am 22 years old, I currently weigh in at 252lbs and my target is to be at around my ideal weight of 154lbs by the end of the year. I know it is ambitious however my main motivation is Christmas. Every year we have a big family get together and every year I keep getting the same sideways comments about getting bigger and all the worried looks when I decide to go for that extra mince pie! I have always been overweight but I have reached a point now where it is affecting my health and self esteem. It's nice to find some like minded people. Cheers guys and gals.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ella_mentry

Ella_mentry Member

Slimming World
    Hi Jim
    Welcome to the site i have only recently joined i have been at SW for 6 weeks and lost 9 lbs so i hope you are enjoying slimming world if that is the one you have joined i'm sure you will do just fine
  4. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    Healthy eating and willpower!
    Hi Jim

I just joined yesterday and am starting on the new me challenge tomorrow. Following my own healthy eating and exercise plan.

I have so much to lose, but this time I AM determined for my health.

A christmas goal sounds good to me. Hopefully this year I won't be mistaken for an extra large xmas pudding at the end of the table :eek:...I'd much rather be a christmas cracker this year. ;)

I'll be visiting the Wemitts section on here daily, as this time I truly do mean it! Maybe see you there?

Good luck :D
  5. GuitarJim1987

GuitarJim1987 Member

Thanks so much for the greeting.

I have decided to go off my own back aswell RainbowRose. I know people who have tried slimming world and the like and have initial lost a fair amount of weight however when they have achieved their ideal weight have gone back to their old ways.

As a lot of people say it isn't the initial losing that is hard it's maintaining your weight that is difficult.

Congratulations on the 9lbs loss Ella_mentry! I hope we can keep spurring each other on!

much love
  6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Good luck with your diet

Irene xx
  7. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    I can heartily recommend using this site whenever and whyever - it's an absolute godsend. Welcome and good luck on your journey.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.