Hi Everyone.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GuitarJim1987, 12 July 2009 Social URL.

1. GuitarJim1987

GuitarJim1987 Member

Hi Everyone I hope you are all well. I have decided to join this forum as I really want to get serious about weight loss. I am 22 years old, I currently weigh in at 252lbs and my target is to be at around my ideal weight of 154lbs by the end of the year. I know it is ambitious however my main motivation is Christmas. Every year we have a big family get together and every year I keep getting the same sideways comments about getting bigger and all the worried looks when I decide to go for that extra mince pie! I have always been overweight but I have reached a point now where it is affecting my health and self esteem. It's nice to find some like minded people. Cheers guys and gals.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ella_mentry

Ella_mentry Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Jim
    Welcome to the site i have only recently joined i have been at SW for 6 weeks and lost 9 lbs so i hope you are enjoying slimming world if that is the one you have joined i'm sure you will do just fine

4. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and willpower!
    Hi Jim

I just joined yesterday and am starting on the new me challenge tomorrow. Following my own healthy eating and exercise plan.

I have so much to lose, but this time I AM determined for my health.

A christmas goal sounds good to me. Hopefully this year I won't be mistaken for an extra large xmas pudding at the end of the table :eek:...I'd much rather be a christmas cracker this year. ;)

I'll be visiting the Wemitts section on here daily, as this time I truly do mean it! Maybe see you there?

Good luck :D

5. GuitarJim1987

GuitarJim1987 Member

Thanks so much for the greeting.

I have decided to go off my own back aswell RainbowRose. I know people who have tried slimming world and the like and have initial lost a fair amount of weight however when they have achieved their ideal weight have gone back to their old ways.

As a lot of people say it isn't the initial losing that is hard it's maintaining your weight that is difficult.

Congratulations on the 9lbs loss Ella_mentry! I hope we can keep spurring each other on!

much love

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with your diet

Irene xx

7. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.24%)
    Diet:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    Hiya
    I can heartily recommend using this site whenever and whyever - it's an absolute godsend. Welcome and good luck on your journey.
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.