Hi everyone!

sallyc6

Hi everyone,

Starting LT in the morning :eek: Am sort of looking forward to it and sort of dreading it!! Have never done TFR before so I think I might be in for a shocker!! Am doing 2 long days at work tomoro and fri (I'm a nurse on a busy ward!) so usually don't have time for eating so I'm hoping to get thru the first 2 days without missing food too much!

Just off for my final meal for a while and a cheeky glass of wine.. I have been on here a few times in the past week but might become a frequent poster esp when hubby and little boy are eating!!!

Wish me luck and I'll hopefully get to know you all a bit better in the next few weeks!!

We can be diet buddies! I want to lose about 4 stone - was planning on LT for about 6weeks but I'll see how I go!

Good luck Sally, you'll be fine, just keep popping on here, it's really helped me.

Jx

Just had my first shake, chocolate. Not too impressed! Have brought a vanilla one to work but can anyone tell me how to make it into a coffee?

I have mine hot with coffee or cold, I prefer it cold with ice crushed in so its like a thick shake x

Not too keen on the strawberry either! Altho I have just dished out meat & potato pie to my patients...that was a killer. Day 1 nearly over tho. Have decided I'm not hungry, it's just habit to keep thinking about food! Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

LOL re the pie Sally. Around about day 4 I found that even my kittie's Felix smelt heavenly! Your positive thinking will get you through, well done on getting this side of day 1 :D

Jx

Never mind the Felix - my kitties look tempting!! If they sit still long enough, they could be on trouble! Just forced down the vanilla shake made with coffee - it wasn't too bad but tbh I'm not keen on any of them! Just bought some mint tea, gonna try the hot mint choc for brekkie tomorrow!

Eyes on the prize, eyes on the prize....... xx

We can be diet buddies! I want to lose about 4 stone - was planning on LT for about 6weeks but I'll see how I go!

Sure can hun, sorry I have only just seen this post :) I have 9st 4lbs to lose, feels like a bohemoth task but we'll get there x

Baby steps hun... it's so easy to put it on but a killer to get it off. At least we've got great support on here - I'm loving reading all the posts, have just downloaded the app on my phone too!!

The shakes get better as you go along I think, I don't have a sweet tooth but am quite enjoying them now. Your palate adjusts very quickly. When they made me eat (I'm not going to say what, it's not fair!) something that I really used love after I'd got back from my op, it tasted vile. I made my OH taste it in case it was 'hospital food' flavour, and he said it was lovely. The only thing I did like was the hint of salt. I think it was then that I realised completely how LT works, and that long term this may actually work for me :)

I was wondering about the soup cos I prefer savoury to sweet tbh, have you tried that? BTW being a nurse on a surgical ward i know what you get after an op *mouth watering!! Hope you are recovered now xx

I hated the soup, I thought I would prefer that to the sweet stuff but it's sweet also. Salt, pepper, cayenne, doesn't take the sickly sweetness out for my palate, but definitely get one in with your mix when you go for your weigh in and give it a go yourself, you may really like it, many people do.

I knew I had to eat and was looking forward to an enforced cheat, and was gutted when it tasted like card :( Aw, thanks for asking, most kind. I'm doing great once I've been up for a couple of hours, just those first hours from waking that have me feeling like death. Really looking forward to getting these clips out though, they're starting to itch :grumble:

How are you finding such a demanding job on and empty stomach?

Hi Sallyc
Welcome to lipotrim!
I had to post because I had exactly the same problem as you in the first few days - loads of positively but just hard the shakes. I strongly second what jiggerz has said. They do get better really quickly. On the first day I had to go to a quiet room and spoon the shakes in really slowly, gagging with each spoonful. Now I look forward to them and can down them pretty quickly if Im in a rush!
In my opinion, they are even worse hot, but to answer your question - yes you can have them hot.
I think lots of ice makes them much easier to take, and blending them with more water i.e. I blend mine with about a pint of water.
I tried the coffee thing with the vanilla shake and the peppermint tea with the chocolate shake and neither impressed me but it was in the first few days when I hated the shakes anyway. I should try them again now!
The chicken soup I only ever had once on my first day and thought it was vile. Like heated runny plasticine with about a twentieth of a chicken stock cube in it! But give it a go as everyone is different and I know some people love the chicken soup.
Come on here lots for support in your first week.
Search for the thread:
"Things that made my first week fly in...."
I found it helpful in my first week.
You will have no problem shedding the pounds. I also had about 4 stone to lose initially. Im on day 25 now. I lost 19 lbs in first 3 weeks.
Keep up the good work!
Doireann :)

Back