Hi everyone :)

I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Amy I've been struggling with my weight all my life unfortunately.
The slimmest I remember being in my adult life is 13st10.
At the moment I'm 20st8lb, I started off taking xenical at 21st11lb and in my first month I successfully lost 1st1lb although I had some nasty side effects >.<
My next weigh in is next Friday and I've only lost 2lb this month :( mainly due to me not taking the xenical for a couple of weeks due to family events and weekends away.
I've started taking it again this week and I'm trying to shift as many pounds as possible before my next drs weigh in! At the moment I'm taking xen combined with calorie counting on mfp and it's going well, plus no side effects this time round!
My goal weight for now is 17 stone, then 15. I'm not quite sure of my utltimate goal yet, I'm hoping as the pounds come off I will find a weight I'm comfortable with :)

Do you guys find you're more motivated with a set goal in mind? X

I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Amy I've been struggling with my weight all my life unfortunately.
The slimmest I remember being in my adult life is 13st10.
At the moment I'm 20st8lb, I started off taking xenical at 21st11lb and in my first month I successfully lost 1st1lb although I had some nasty side effects >.<
My next weigh in is next Friday and I've only lost 2lb this month :( mainly due to me not taking the xenical for a couple of weeks due to family events and weekends away.
I've started taking it again this week and I'm trying to shift as many pounds as possible before my next drs weigh in! At the moment I'm taking xen combined with calorie counting on mfp and it's going well, plus no side effects this time round!
My goal weight for now is 17 stone, then 15. I'm not quite sure of my utltimate goal yet, I'm hoping as the pounds come off I will find a weight I'm comfortable with :)

Do you guys find you're more motivated with a set goal in mind? X

Hi & welcome

Sorry we didn't pick this up & reply yesterday! I was 19 stone when I started in oct 2011 & set myself small targets nothing too adventurous. I hit my goal in dec 2012 (although I do admit I'm 1/2 stone up at the mo) I was on xen for the first 4 months then chose to go it alone but stayed on here cos the girls are all so friendly & we try & offer support when needed.

You had a good first month well done but honestly my advice is stay on them this early on. You need to try & find ways of getting round meals out etc or you're risking the doc thinking you aren't taking it seriously & not prescribing again.....

This is a brilliant medication in my experience to get you eating the right way. Good luck with your journey & shout if we can help xx

Hi & welcome

Sorry we didn't pick this up & reply yesterday! I was 19 stone when I started in oct 2011 & set myself small targets nothing too adventurous. I hit my goal in dec 2012 (although I do admit I'm 1/2 stone up at the mo) I was on xen for the first 4 months then chose to go it alone but stayed on here cos the girls are all so friendly & we try & offer support when needed.

You had a good first month well done but honestly my advice is stay on them this early on. You need to try & find ways of getting round meals out etc or you're risking the doc thinking you aren't taking it seriously & not prescribing again.....

This is a brilliant medication in my experience to get you eating the right way. Good luck with your journey & shout if we can help xx

Yeah I understand with the meals out etc but unfortunately may had a lot of birthdays and weddings and there wasn't always a healthy option so I didn't want to risk the side effects of the xenical.
Luckily I didn't actually gain any weight, I just maintained :) so now I'm back on the tablets and trying to shift 5lb or so before my appointment! Thankfully my dr is lovely and actually gave me the medication no questions asked and as I've already reached my 3 month goal in a month fingers crossed she will be ok with a slightly smaller loss this month.

Did you lose the weight just by taking xenical and following the same plan when you stopped? You seem to have come a long way which is amazing! It gives me faith in the drug as you always hear so many horror stories x

Yeah I understand with the meals out etc but unfortunately may had a lot of birthdays and weddings and there wasn't always a healthy option so I didn't want to risk the side effects of the xenical.
Luckily I didn't actually gain any weight, I just maintained :) so now I'm back on the tablets and trying to shift 5lb or so before my appointment! Thankfully my dr is lovely and actually gave me the medication no questions asked and as I've already reached my 3 month goal in a month fingers crossed she will be ok with a slightly smaller loss this month.

Did you lose the weight just by taking xenical and following the same plan when you stopped? You seem to have come a long way which is amazing! It gives me faith in the drug as you always hear so many horror stories x

For the first 2 months when I came off them I still ate to the rules then I did start eating more fat but still used mfp to track cals which along with the support on here is how I've done it. No horror stories here, not a single tango which I'm very happy about lol x

Back