Hi from Paula

lyverbyrd

Hiya folks

I'm new to dieting and slimming world; joined two weeks ago. I quit smoking in November 2010 and put on nearly 2 stone. I was a bit underweight before, so I just want to lose a stone and a half.

I've been struggling to lose the weight because I hadn't been eating enough; I managed to raise my calorie intake to at least 1200 but I did that by eating the wrong things, so I gained a bit more. Now I'm at slimming world, eating sensibly, not filling up with sandwiches and ready meals and cooking everything from scratch.

I'm having slow weight loss because my metabolism doesn't know where it's up to, and I also now have no idea how many calories I'm actually consuming, but I'm now eating real food at least. I also work out at the gym, so we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I'm pleased to be here and I'm learning lots, and a loss is a loss. Also, the tape measure says I'm smaller.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Paula :D

Hi Paula, welcome!

Well done on your weight loss so far, you've come to the right place here, look forward to seeing you around the boards :)

Back