Total Solution Hi Guys. I neeed before/after numbers before I'm sold on the exante diet!! Pleasee :)

Hi everyone :)
Well I have ordered and DPD currently have my delivery and should be with me later on today - I went for the 4 week bundle!!
I'm a person who likes to go by numbers when it comes to weight loss haha - I currently weigh in between 14-14.5 stone (fluctuates throughout the week) and I'm 5ft5"
I am starting the diet on the 1st January so I can get my last bit of rubbish foods and disaronno and cokes down :p

Anyway I was wondering if any of you lovely people would give me some numbers - your start weight, week 1, week 2, week 3 and week 4 weigh ins

I go on holiday on the 1st June 2014 and I refuse to be this big! Before I had my little girl in 2010 I was a happy n healthy 10 stone so I know I can do it, I've just let myself go for 3 years and at my heaviest I was 17.6!

TIA XX

HEy there!
I know what you mean about numbers - I am a little bit obsessed! I'll give you the full story, but try and make it short!
I started out in Sept at 18st (having lost a rather excellent four pounds over the course of the rest of the year from my stats). I sort-of stuck to Exante for about five weeks (Exante all week/wine and crap at weekends) and got down to 16.8. Took a break until four weeks ago, when I started again at 16.12. Now I am properly on it:

Start (?) weight 16.12
Week One 16.2 (-10lbs)
Week Two 16 (-2lbs/12lbs) Second week is often slow for some reason....
Week Three 15.10 (-4lbs/16lbs)
Week Four 15.7 (-3/19lbs)

The week four one is a bit untrue I feel. This time I have been a twice daily weigher, and I find it really helps me as it gives me the chance to see natural fluctuations. I can quite easily put on 3-5lb in a day (water etc!). I was going great guns earlier in the week, it was looking like at least a 5lb loss, then over the next couple of days, up and up it went, then my TOTM arrived! Ahhh... I've also noticed (yuk warning), that it can depend on frequency of bathroom visits. I know when I weigh just once a week that these things affect me too, but because I don't see them, my brain can't compute them properly, so it might look like a tiny loss which is much harder to maintain willpower through!

It's just a thought, but a strategy for scales is a good thing, I know a lot of people also have great success with a once monthly weigh in, for the same reason!

You'll do four and a half in no time, I'm nearly a three since September, and that is with an entire tin of chocolates in the middle (and, you know, everything else in sight)!

Let us know how you get on lovely!

Thank you Achren!
Yea I've been reading lots and lots of reviews and stuff and I've noticed that week one seems brill then week 2 onwards it's a lot less of a loss so I was thinking of doing the monthly weigh in.. If I'm eating 3 astronaut food sachets a day and only see a 3lb loss in one week id be soo disappointed! lol.. Whereas if I weighed myself after the month and saw a 1-2 stone loss id be over the moon! Might have to ask my partner to hide the scales and under no circumstances let me have them haha!
It sounds like you've done great with it, I hope I do as well as you've done..well done! X

Hi everyone :)
Well I have ordered and DPD currently have my delivery and should be with me later on today - I went for the 4 week bundle!!
I'm a person who likes to go by numbers when it comes to weight loss haha - I currently weigh in between 14-14.5 stone (fluctuates throughout the week) and I'm 5ft5"
I am starting the diet on the 1st January so I can get my last bit of rubbish foods and disaronno and cokes down :p

Anyway I was wondering if any of you lovely people would give me some numbers - your start weight, week 1, week 2, week 3 and week 4 weigh ins

I go on holiday on the 1st June 2014 and I refuse to be this big! Before I had my little girl in 2010 I was a happy n healthy 10 stone so I know I can do it, I've just let myself go for 3 years and at my heaviest I was 17.6!

TIA XX

Welcome Hun. U can totally do that in the time span. I will be joining you on 1st jan for an exante adventure. Got 3 1/2 stone to lose x

HEy there!
I know what you mean about numbers - I am a little bit obsessed! I'll give you the full story, but try and make it short!
I started out in Sept at 18st (having lost a rather excellent four pounds over the course of the rest of the year from my stats). I sort-of stuck to Exante for about five weeks (Exante all week/wine and crap at weekends) and got down to 16.8. Took a break until four weeks ago, when I started again at 16.12. Now I am properly on it:

Start (?) weight 16.12
Week One 16.2 (-10lbs)
Week Two 16 (-2lbs/12lbs) Second week is often slow for some reason....
Week Three 15.10 (-4lbs/16lbs)
Week Four 15.7 (-3/19lbs)

The week four one is a bit untrue I feel. This time I have been a twice daily weigher, and I find it really helps me as it gives me the chance to see natural fluctuations. I can quite easily put on 3-5lb in a day (water etc!). I was going great guns earlier in the week, it was looking like at least a 5lb loss, then over the next couple of days, up and up it went, then my TOTM arrived! Ahhh... I've also noticed (yuk warning), that it can depend on frequency of bathroom visits. I know when I weigh just once a week that these things affect me too, but because I don't see them, my brain can't compute them properly, so it might look like a tiny loss which is much harder to maintain willpower through!

It's just a thought, but a strategy for scales is a good thing, I know a lot of people also have great success with a once monthly weigh in, for the same reason!

You'll do four and a half in no time, I'm nearly a three since September, and that is with an entire tin of chocolates in the middle (and, you know, everything else in sight)!

Let us know how you get on lovely!

Wow, that's a fab weightloss so far. I'm starting January doing working solutions with Friday 7pm to Sunday 7am off otherwise I will fail. I know it will be slower loss but as long as its coming off I'm happy.
Xx

Hi hun, yes I am obsessed with numbers too :)

My weight loss is as it says on my signature if that helps. Just want to wish you good luck for Jan x

Thanks for the great replies!!

I am weirdly looking forward to starting this on the 1st January, I've arranged all the packets into sections and all ready to get on with it, going to get Xmas out of the way and enjoy that first..

I think for me the fact it cost me more than a few quid to get started and buy a 4 week supply has made me think 'right I HAVE to stick to this now', otherwise I'll feel like I've wasted money that could've been spent on my little girl or all 3 of us as a family (I will guilt trip myself if necessary haha)

Good luck anyway guys it sounds like you've had some great results and I am very much liking all your 'numbers' lol.

Merry Xmas to you too x
Will keep on posting and reading on here to let you know how I get on :-D

Hi hun, yes I am obsessed with numbers too :)

My weight loss is as it says on my signature if that helps. Just want to wish you good luck for Jan x

hi

my goodness blubbermonkey, what fantastic stats. you have done so so well in not that long a period. I have started today (again!) and i have to say your stats are inspirational and have made me think this time i flipin will do it

can i ask how you've found it on the whole, worst times, best times? have you been 100% the whole 9 weeks ?

cheers

Hi Susysu thanks very much :)

With the exception of Day 3-4 it has been pretty easy :) 100% the entire time although I did become obsessed with looking at pictures of food/recipes/cooking programmes haha!

Unfortunately I put 8lbs on over xmas and new year so Im back joining you exante ladies for a boost before I join slimming world. Day 3 and going well so far.

Good luck, if you put your mind to it you will be at target in no time x

Hi guys :)

Well I started on the 2nd January and have been 100%.. Just the 3 packs a day and only water has passed my lips.. By the bucket load. I think running up and down stairs to the loo will contribute to any weight loss I have haha..

I've not struggled so far whatsoever (touch wood) oh and I think I may now be in ketosis as my mouth tastes like Ghandi's flip flop!! I enjoy the shakes and the porridge and out of the hot meals I got the carbonara is my fave.. However the soups I find are barely edible but I'll force em down!

It's my TOTM anytime now so I'm not going to weigh myself till the 4 weeks is up as I'll prefer one big number at the end compared to a few smaller ones weighing each week.. lol I'm just weird

Starting weight on 2nd January was 14 stone 4lbs.. Will post my results here

Good luck to all on exante!! X

Hi Susysu thanks very much :)

With the exception of Day 3-4 it has been pretty easy :) 100% the entire time although I did become obsessed with looking at pictures of food/recipes/cooking programmes haha!

Unfortunately I put 8lbs on over xmas and new year so Im back joining you exante ladies for a boost before I join slimming world. Day 3 and going well so far.

Good luck, if you put your mind to it you will be at target in no time x

thank you, day 1 today. do you have a diary at all i can look at for inspiration?

x

Good luck for day 1!! This is the tough bit, it will get soooo much easier. No I dont have a diary, I snooped at others' for the inspiration :) x

Thankyou

By before and after numbers do you mean weight losses and how long they took to achieve, or the number of people who manage to lose weight on Exante?

I don't think numbers matter because every dieter is different with a different lifestyle and metabolism so weight losses etc can't really be compared. Also a dieter could be doing great, and have lost stones, yet tomorrow or the next day suddenly have a blip or a binge and not be able to get back on track right away. We never know what tomorrow might bring. It's always one day at a time, I think.

Just have a go and do your best. Good luck.

Good luck, susysu! Like blubbermonkey, I am also finding looking through people's posts very inspirational - highly recommend it. Looking forward to see how you get on.

Back