Hi Guys - Just an Introductory Thing

I am writing here to just establish the fact that my decision is real and final. I really really mean it this time. I have been obese the majority of my fairly short life and I've had enough. I am going to change my whole lifestyle and I know it won't be easy and I've said it before but it will happen this time.
I've got about 6 stone to lose. To be honest I don't know if I'll be happier before this goal or will need to lose more - as I have always been big I really don't know where I'm happy at.
My ideal weight is around 12 stone for my height, apparently, and I am currently at 18 stone - I know this won't happen overnight, it's taken me 10 years to gain those 6 stone so it will take time to get it off. I need to overcome all the challenges that have made me quit in this mission in the past and persevere. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself because then it seems like a huge obstacle I will never overcome.
Right now I am trying to stick to a low fat diet and taking Alli tablets but I know from experience I get bored easily and will probably end up switching it around - was thinking Rosemary Conley (the forums for xenical/orlistat and RC are both really quite though and I like knowing there are people out there to support me whenever I need it).

Anyway, thank you if you managed to get through that little rant. I'm here for good. I mean it.

hi
catching dreams
what a lovely user name and this will not be dream you will do it love i promise you that there is lots of support here and there a great group welcome and good luck on your journey x x x

Thank you - I honestly appreciate the support. Since I was 16 all my usernames have been 'chasing dreams' so I thought catching them would just be a further step to show I'm serious. I don't want to chase after it anymore, I want to catch it and make it reality. This has to be it now, I am the heaviest I have ever been and I need to draw a line. No more silly yo-yo dieting. Lifestyle change.

Thank you - I honestly appreciate the support. Since I was 16 all my usernames have been 'chasing dreams' so I thought catching them would just be a further step to show I'm serious. I don't want to chase after it anymore, I want to catch it and make it reality. This has to be it now, I am the heaviest I have ever been and I need to draw a line. No more silly yo-yo dieting. Lifestyle change.

Hey i agree with my sister chezz that you can do it and the support on here is fantastic xx i find the first thing i do after ringing/texting my mum, my sis and my hubby is i come on here and update my stats and just have a general chat :) i see you are thinking about a low fat diet x have you considered slimming world xx

I love your username too. Your commitment to change is evident. Good luck on your journey towards catching your dreams. You can do it! There's plenty of help on here whichever plan you follow, just remember to keep going and you'll get there. X

hi love how are you today x x x

Hi there,
great place to come to get support. I'm new to forums, but have been visiting here since August and it really keeps me motivated.
from what I have seen on others journeys, you need to find the diet that suits you - everyone seems to be doing different things, with different amounts of success, so have a read of the threads and see what appeals.
For me - slim fast 321 plan has been great, because my main problem is portion size (I should really be called greedy bear!!), and I'm stubborn enough to stick yo it even when feeling hungry. I also like routine and the convenience if the preprepared shakes and meals bars.

would also recommend my fitness pal app to log your food intake. I didn't think it would help me, but after a couple fo days I was absolutely hooked!!

Also - keep posting on here!! agree with others that the first thing I di after weigh in is come on Here and update my stats etc.

Good luck!! Look forward to watching your progress. You can really do it this time xxxx

Like you said, that's one way or showing how serious you are now :) You can do it - we're all in the same place and all supportive, I promise! We understand better than any other subforum on here just how hard it is cos we're all in it for the longhaul.

Welcome love! :)

Back