Hi Guys - Newbie Here!

Hi Guys

I hope you I'm posting in the right place firstly!

I'm Gill, and I've been a member of Minimins for a while, though haven't really posted much.

I've tried several diets over the years, but apart from some yoyoing of the weight, nothing has really worked.

I've just returned from an amazing 3 weeks in Florida though with a completely new attitude, and have decided that something finally needs to be done.

I joined WW on Saturday, and whilst I have done it in the past it was quite a while ago, so it all seems very new and different to me.

I can struggle with organising myself, as I work long shifts and in the past have let tiredness take over, but that obviously needs to change.

I am aiming to post on here and visit a lot more frequently as I have done in the past, as I want this diet to work and believe there is a great support network on here - I hope I can join the gang on that one.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and to any hints, tips, encouragement or kicks up the bum that I may need from you all!

Thanks in Advance

Gill x

Hi and welcome!

I find planning meals in advance really helpful when it comes to tracking. Even if you just decide in the morning what you'll have for dinner, that way you know how many points you can then have for breakfast and lunch and you dont get any nasty surprises in the evening when you realise you've only got 4pp left for dinner!

Hi Guys

Thanks so much for the support!

I definately need to get more organised, my planning and organisation is shocking as I let the fact that I work shifts rule everything which needs to stop.

I think over the weekend I need to do some batch cooking and then portion and freeze it, so that when I finish work late and can't be bothered cooking, I can just grab something and know exactly what it is.

One quick question though, I detest salad but love home made coleslaw, so I think that with Jacket Potatoes will be one of my ''go to'' meals. Can anyone recommend me a decent tasting yet not to expensive points wise mayo ? I know I need to switch to a low fat one, but I don't actually like mayo on its own so I don't know which is going to be the nicest or closest in taste to the full fat version without using all my points up.

Thanks in Advance

Gill x

I had the extra light mayo from Asda, was low in PP and tasted just like mayo to me, though I dont like mayo much and just have it with tuna.

I get the aldi extra light mayo, nicer than asda one and about£1.50 cheaper than Hellmans and nearly as nice lol xx

Hi Gill, welcome and good luck with it, i really find batch cooking save me a lot when i just couldnt be bothered cooking some evenings. I use the Aldi lighter than light mayo and think it tastes fine but dont use too much of it generally.

It can be hard to do with shift work alright planning is going to be your best friend :)

Definitely planning in advance I write up my main meals for the week every Tuesday and go out shopping Wednesday.

Have a tip for the mayo I use asda extra light but I add zero point things to it like chopped spring onion or garlic and most powdered seasonings work.

Good luck x

Back