Hi Guys!

nattycat

Hi Guys,
Hope i'm posting in the right place - Completely new to Slimming World!
Have tried VLCD's and WW before but found they weren't right for me - I've asked the doctor about
weight loss help and was told I may be able to get refferred to the meetings for 12 weeks (yippee!) I've just started a new job
so money is a little tight so it's great for a kick start!

I'm from Sheffield and always welcome having a slimming buddy or just up for a chat :)

Hoping to lose about 6-7 stone altogether (eek!)

Hi Natty - welcome! Love your dog quote - how very true!

Hello Pudnpie! I have to tell myself this, i'm terrible for it 'oh i've been so good, i deserve a treat!'

I have to get it into my head that it's not the correct way to eat!

yeah -I try and stay pretty neutral about food to try and get away from the emotional side of it like not eating for reward and not considering food to be "naughty". Naughty is what you do when you want a cheap thrill and everyone likes one of those. No wonder the marketing people imply that food is naughty and a sneaky treat - it just makes us eat more! Take away those beliefs and it isn't so attractive.

I am a new starter too. I have done SW before and WW and lost a fair bit but never got near to target. Have put it all back on again and some over the last year and really need to be rid of it because I feel like rubbish and none of my clothes fit. Tomorrow is my 4th weigh in. I have only lost 2lb overall but the first two weekends I was away so I don't think it is so bad - if I hadn't joined before those weekends, I would have probably put on.

Hi and Welcome!!! Fairly new to this SW malarky too.
Good luck withthe diet and the new job xxx

Hey hun

Welcome to SW it's great to have you on board :)
Ive added you to mfp too as I always post my food on there.

Its great to have a slimming buddy so I'm here if you want to be friends.

Good luck with your weight loss...

Love Stacey xxx

hiya, ive done all the diets going too, even had a lap band but found the best one is slimming world by far :) good luck xx

Thanks everyone and good luck on your journeys too :) do any of you have a lot of weight to lose? I don't really have anyone to relate to around here and im pretty sure my boyfriend is fed up of me chewing his ear off about losing weight!! I can't wait to get started and found loads of recipes on pinterest! Woo :)

I've annoyed everyone in my life my best friend my family and probs half the ppl on here but it's my way of getting through it.

I started 15st :-/
Now down to 13st8
First big target is 12st but I know full well I won't stop here so really it's 5st off in total plus a few pounds for good measure.

Hi!!

Like you, prob like most woman I've done them all!!!! Liking Sw, but have struggled mainly cos I'm not organised and don't plan and fall off track. That's changing from now!! I'm from Rotherham!! Z

ive got over 8 stone t lose :( but ill get there in the end!!

Hi,

Have you lost any so far, or are you just starting out on your journey x

I lost a few stone doing slim & save - which really worked for me but the price tag doesn't! (unless i starve my fella in the process)
And then i got depressed and let myself go, which starts the whole cycle of destruction!

I'm sat at my work desk currently thinking 'eurgh' I'm waiting for the doctor to ring me back to say wether she can refer me for the local slimming world group.
She's never had anyone ask, but is happy that I want help. And reading all of your positive things makes me more motivated!

I've found a pinterest board http://pinterest.com/source/slimmingworld.com/ which has LOADS of recipes!

I lost a few stone doing slim & save - which really worked for me but the price tag doesn't! (unless i starve my fella in the process)
And then i got depressed and let myself go, which starts the whole cycle of destruction!

I'm sat at my work desk currently thinking 'eurgh' I'm waiting for the doctor to ring me back to say wether she can refer me for the local slimming world group.
She's never had anyone ask, but is happy that I want help. And reading all of your positive things makes me more motivated!

I've found a pinterest board http://pinterest.com/source/slimmingworld.com/ which has LOADS of recipes!

Slimming world on referral wasn't available in leeds primary care trusts. Hopefully you'll have better luck

You would think they'd be more into doing that! They referred me to a dietitian who was the meanest lady who told me to eat lots of cheese, bread and potatoes!! When I told her my ibs makes it hard to eat dairy she said it was an excuse! Oh the joys of weight loss!

You would think they'd be more into doing that! They referred me to a dietitian who was the meanest lady who told me to eat lots of cheese, bread and potatoes!! When I told her my ibs makes it hard to eat dairy she said it was an excuse! Oh the joys of weight loss!

All my gp offered was to attend their weight management classes which ran all over the city of different days and times all Monday to Friday 9 to 5 so no good for me as those are my working hours!

I know so many that lose on Sw. It's just planning , but no different to any other diet x

Same! I also got told I wasn't overweight enough for one of their meetings and too overweight for another?! Crazy! My new job means I will have to attend medical trade shows so Im using that as my goal!!

hey!! :) Best of luck on getting reffered to Slimming world x id love to buddy up :) i have 4 & half stone to lose... did have about.5 & half before..because i started my weight at 17st 4lb and i am now excataly 16st..! i have been calorie counting and recently have been thinking of joining slimming world as i hear so many success stories! So fingers crossed..i am aiming to get down to 11st 6lb and a dress size 12-14. . :) do you have MFP or anythinf ? could ads you on there and stay in touch x i defo need a buddy!

by the way i was in sheffield this last saturday!! :p i took my 5 year old son and my teenaged nieces 14 & 17 to fo see One direction live :p in MOtorpoint arena sheffield x :)
anyhoo - Im Sadia x and 24 frm Watford xxxx all the best!! :)

Hi,

Have you lost any so far, or are you just starting out on your journey x

ive lost just over a stone but lost 11lbs with slimming world in 6 weeks, was hoping it would be more x

Back