Hi - I have some Cd questions.....

Hi all

I'm seriously considering changing from LL to CD, mainly for financial reasons. I get on really well with the girls in my LL class, but don't think too much of my LLC....and the two combined make me wonder if CD may be better for me. So my questions are.......

I want to SS as I have a lot to lose. When it's "add a meal week" does that mean you drop the packs altogether and go out of ketosis? So presumably you have to get back into ketosis every 4 weeks?

What kind of foods do you have on "add a meal"?

Is "add a meal" compulsary?

Do you have to have a medical form signed by a GP for CD?

Thanks - I think that's all - for now ;)

Hi there

Only on day 10 so relatively new but will have a go at answering some of your questions.

During add a meal week you continue to have all three packs and you add a very small meal which is usually chicken, turkey, fish, quorn or cottage cheese with a green vegetable (haven't got to add a meal and am sure someone can give you more info). You shouldn't come out of ketosis during add a meal week.

Add a meal is a compulsory part of CD as this is what has been recommended by studies into VLCDs. I think the reason LL get round this is by you having sign off from your doctor to do 100 days. Which leads nicely into your next question - unless you have a BMI of over 40 you do not need sign off from GP although all diets do recommend that you consult your doctor.

Hope this helps.
Georgie
x

Hi Sparkle Star,

Hope this helps:

I want to SS as I have a lot to lose. When it's "add a meal week" does that mean you drop the packs altogether and go out of ketosis? So presumably you have to get back into ketosis every 4 weeks?
In add a meal week you still have your three/four packs plus a small meal. You should not come out of ketosis.

What kind of foods do you have on "add a meal"?
The meals (and amounts) are set out for you in your yellow weight care with cambridge booklet, which you should get in your first meeting with your CDC. Basically a small amount of protein and green/white veg or salad.

Is "add a meal" compulsary?
You have to do add a meal every fifth week unless you have a signature from your Dr.

Do you have to have a medical form signed by a GP for CD?
If you are taking any medication, have a BMI of over 40 or wish to SS without doing AAM you will need your medical form signed by your GP.

All the best
DQ

Back