Hi im a new user!

busybee_mummy

Hi,

I have been prescribed orlistat by my gp on Monday.
He obviously wasn't aware there was a shortage!!!!!
He has now advised to use alli until new stocks arrive, so I went and bought some last night. And have just taken my first one at lunch time!!!! Arrrggghhh so nervous!

I am 29, 5"3 and 15st9 atm. My aim is 11-12 stone (can't remember ever being under 13'7). And I have to girls 6 + 4. We would like 1 more but not till I am a target weight.

I have been doing sw for about 8 months and lost a stone but now I am going to use alli and do low cal/ fat diet using myfitnesspal.

I hope to be on here a lot (and not on the toilet!) as I have now discovered the app!

Hi and welcome. Read the sticky for new starters, that is invaluable information. Stick to the rules there and you won't be spending any more time than normal on the loo! Good luck and keep posting,

KB x

Welcome :) if you stick to the rules and calorie count you will be fine. It may take a lot longer to do your shopping at the start but you soon get used to it! Keep posting so we know how you're getting on xxx

Hi & welcome. I'd offer the same advice, use the sticky as your bible & if you stick to the rules you'll not have any visits from Mr Tango! I was on xen for 4 months & he didn't visit once, I still eat more or less within the rules just don't take the meds...

We have a bank holiday weight loss challenge going if you'd like to join just post on the thread.

Onwards & downwards x

Hi there welcome to the forum :) Good luck on your weight loss journey, everyone here is really lovely and supportive, so I hope you will find the forum useful.
Most of us are also on www.myfitnesspal.com that is a really handy way to keep track of your calories and fat intake daily x

Thank you for your messages I will use the stickies like a bible! I am determined now to be slim for my 30th (December)!!!

Hiya, I'm quite new to this site too, I'm Alison and I'm 39 with 3 kiddies. I've been using Orlistat for about 2 months and so far it's completely transforming my life. I've only ever been 'ill' with it once when it was entirely my own fault for having a takeaway and the rest of the time Ive been really careful with fat levels and had no problems. I'd say to update your weight in your personal details too cos it shows you your BMI going down as you lose your weight and it also shows your percentage weight loss, I've found this really motivating and I love to take a peek at it every time I update it with weight lost. Good luck with your journey xxx

Welcome & good luck. X

Thanks for that. A couple of things jump out there. Eggs-some people can get away with them and some can't, it's a "try and see" food. Also, there isn't a low fat cheese within the rules to add to that jacket potato. Apart from that it's a really good place to start. Good luck!

KB x

KittyBling said:
Thanks for that. A couple of things jump out there. Eggs-some people can get away with them and some can't, it's a "try and see" food. Also, there isn't a low fat cheese within the rules to add to that jacket potato. Apart from that it's a really good place to start. Good luck!

KB x

I'd say spread too, I've had no marg/butter since I started

KittyBling said:
True, although I can get away with a little bit.

Really? I never risked it. Still haven't now I'm off xen but do admit I bought some light butter yesterday for a once a week treat of toast & butter for breakfast!

Really? I never risked it. Still haven't now I'm off xen but do admit I bought some light butter yesterday for a once a week treat of toast & butter for breakfast!

I've always been able to get away with a scraping of whatever the lowest one I can find is. I don't use it much but can't stomach toast without it. In sandwiches I used Laughing Cow extra light triangles instead.

KB x

Hi Busybee

Would you mind if i asked where you got your Alli supply from? Ive been prescribed both xenical and Alli but am yet to start due to nobody stocking it! Would love to get hold of some :)

thanks, Katy

I'd been sat with my prescription for about 2 weeks when I spotted alli in my local sainsbury's, even though it was really expensive I needed to get myself started.

They had about 6 boxes left.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You don't need to buy Alli if you can't get Xen. Go back to your gp and ask them to prescribe you Alli instead, that way you are only paying prescription fee.

Hi I did ask my gp after I'd mention I couldn't get my prescription and she said they couldn't prescribe alli I'd just have to wait!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back