Hi, I'm new - advice please?

Hi Everyone,

Bit of background first.... I'm new to slimming world and new to the site too. I joined slimming world online at the weekend, as its difficult for me to get to a class, and started yesterday. I've tried so many diets in the past but have never done slimming world. As an over weight kid I started with weight watchers aged 12. I didn't eat much during my mid teens and slimmed right down to a size 10 but was obviously very unhealthy. Late teens I ballooned and reached heaviest around age 20 at 17 stone and 5 foot 4.5". I went back to weight watchers and lost 4 stone then switched to a low carb Atkins style diet to loose 3 more stone - 7 in total. I reached goal Summer 2010. Maintenance is tough! I've been letting things slide for a while now and 2 stone has crept back on.... I've been trying to go back to low carb Atkins, then tried Dukan, then Paleo. I can't stick to any of them! Decided I need a more 'normal' way of eating and I've heard good things about slimming world is good so I'm giving it a go!

As an online member there is lots of info online about the different original, green or extra easy days, Syns, healthy extras etc so I've read all that and I should get books in the post today or tomorrow. I made a meal plan for the week (which is something I do anyway to help budget my food shopping) and tried my best to follow slimming world guides. It's just some moments I think "great, I've finally got it" and others I think I have no idea what I'm doing and maybe I'm doing it wrong!! It's harder than I thought without a leader/consultant.

I would love it if people could comment on my first day meal plan to check I'm doing it right, it would be much appreciated. Just a note though, I have some food allergies and have to avoid wheat, pork, oranges and kiwi fruit.

Monday (yesterday) Original Red Plan

Breakfast
30g porridge (HEB)
made with half skimmed milk, half water (part of HEA)
Splenda
Blueberries
Decaf coffee (HEA)

Mid morning decaf coffee (HEA)

Lunch
Tuna salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, red onion, white cabbage, grated carrot, beet root, Sweetcorn.
1 tbsp Kraft low fat garlic and herb dressing (1 syn)
Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt with Splenda
raspberries
Can of Caffeine free diet coke

Snack (I work 8-6 so can't eat dinner until later on so need a snack otherwise I'm starving when I get home and want quick junk food!!)
Hard Boiled Egg
Crudities eg cucumber, carrot, celery, red pepper
20g cheddar cheese ( HEA)

Dinner
Home made turkey mince Bolognese with lots of courgette, peppers, red onion, mushrooms and passata (3.5 Syns as turkey was 8% fat)
35g Gluten free pasta - it's made from brown rice (Counted as HEB but not sure if its allowed!?)
Side salad with fat free French dressing

Options hot chocolate (2 syn)
Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt with Splenda
raspberries

throughout day had 5 pieces sugar free gum (needed as not long quit smoking!) 0.5 syns

Total Syns 7
2 x HEA
2 x HEB

Any hints, pointers and comments welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sarah
:)

Back