Hi. I'm New. And Dunno What I'm Doing.

AlexiaRose

♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫
Yep, that's basically the title. New here and I dunno what kinda of thing I'm doing to lose weight. I need help... If that's allowed of course. I dunno my exact weight, but it's over 200lb.

Last edited:
Hi AlexiaRose

of course you can have help, it's what we are here for :)

so you need to work out what diet is best for you and what would suit your lifestyle. There's so many to chose from. You've got shakes only, low carb, counting calories and then there's general healthy eating like weight watchers and slimming world. If you have a read of some posts on each diet, you can get a feel for how people are feeling on them and how much weight they are losing.

Let me know what further help you need. Once you've chosen which one you want to do, I will try and advise xx

Hello AlexiaRose and welcome to the forum. If you can give us more info about your weight loss goal, why you want to lose weight and in how many months, what motivates you more, a few words about your curent lifestyle, then we could help you more.

Hi AlexiaRose,

I'm probably going to echo a lot of what FatGirlSlim85 has said. There is a whole host of choices on how to lose weight with information readily accessible on the interwebs!

It's just a case of finding a method that works for you. For example, knowing my body, I wouldn't do well on fasting based diets, or drinking just shakes day in day out.

The best success I have had is calorie counting which is where you eat no more than a set number of calories a day. Calories can be found on many (if not all) food labels or simply searching for the item in Google. I find it flexible as there are no forbidden foods but you are encouraged to choose healthier choices. For example bar of chocolate roughly 400 calories or banana roughly 100. You will eventually go for the foods that mean you are eating throughout the day rather than a few of the expensive high calorie sugar hits.

I have found this list which contains the Top 10 diets (at the time it was written) along with the pros and cons to get you started: Top 10 diets review - Live Well - NHS Choices

If you need any more advice I will help where I can!

My first goal is to be slimmer for graduation in 9 months (maybe under 200lb at least), but it's not my ultimate goal nor does graduation have to be my deadline for my ultimate goal (120lb). I want to lose weight for health reasons (living longer, helping me overcome my Depression, (if I don't have it yet) preventing diabetes, etc.). What really motivates me is my huge wanting to become happy again. Part of the reason, I'm depressed is cause of how I see myself and I'm tired of being sad all the time. I wanna be happy again. My current lifestyle is along the lines of couch potato and sugar addict I suppose. My Depression doesn't help either cause when I'm not sad about my body, I binge eat. When I am sad because of my body, I try to avoid food all together which luckily never works out because I end up eating within 24 hours of my decision to not eat anymore.

I want to figure out a diet, but I'd also like to get a exercise plan in effect as well to help me lose weight.

I also wanna feel proud cosplaying my favorite characters at conventions (mainly the Witch from Left 4 Dead). I already feel happy cosplaying her, but I get paranoid that people only take pictures of my cosplay to laugh at me later.

Last edited:
Welcome to Minimins. Definitely have a look around at the various plans that are available. Not all work for everyone so finding the one that works and fits in for you is whats keys. Take a look at your lifestyle and then the aims of the plans, try to match. Good luck :)

I think the goals you have chose are really reasonable so I don't think you will have trouble reaching them at all. (Once you have found the plan that works for you)

With exercise, I would say step into it gradually, so take gym membership for example maybe start just once a week for a month, then twice a week for a month until you are doing three or four workouts a week. I personally wont do gym because I have never joined one and think I would struggle to learn all the machines and get over the (mis-placed) embarrassment. Plenty of options if you prefer something private though. Plenty of exercise DVDs you can do in your lounge/bedroom or if you can splash out, exercise equipment for the home. I have always wanted a punching bag but sadly haven't got the room :(

Yep, that's basically the title. New here and I dunno what kinda of thing I'm doing to lose weight. I need help... If that's allowed of course. I dunno my exact weight, but it's over 200lb.

hi AlexiaRose
good luck with what ever you decide. The thing to remember is that sometimes it takes more than one programme to get you to where you want. I have done different ones, and now I am on my last 2stone (28lbs) I am working on developing some good longterm healthy eating plans while I lose the weight.

Scoutpat

My problem with going to a gym or getting exercise DVDs or getting equipment is money. My family can't afford any luxries right now. We're barely getting food and paying rent and bills as it is. I thought about asking for a Kinect and the Dance Central games though because I've played them with friends at conventions and absolutely love them and how they require FULL effort to get a good score (I'm sort of competitive even with myself) unlike the Wii where you can cheat the system. I'm going to add in the fact I'm using it for exercise so I can get healthier, so my family (or friends if they so choose) are more likely to be like "Oh, she's actually going to appreciate and use this gift than be unappreciative and throw it in the closet later." cause I know they want me to actually use their gifts. XP

In that case, I've heard of success where people have found workout videos on websites like YouTube. Another idea could be going out for some regular walks with an iPod/MP3 player.

If you think the Kinnect would help you though, go for it.

I find just shoving the music channel on and having a good old boogy helps too :)

YouTube is super buggy on my Xbox unfortunately and I feel very embarrassed puting in headphone and dancing about when people are home which is 24/7 because I have no privacy since I have no room to myself and I'm shy when it comes to dancing about. It gets less embarrassing if music is actually playing out loud, but still YouTube is buggy on Xbox, so my solution is Kinect and Dance Central. :3

P.S. we only get basic cable, so no music channels unfortunately.

I can't hack any of the exercise videos, but find going for a walk or cycle (with someone else if I can drag them out with me) is the ideal. Works the stress out too.

The area I live in is dangerous unfortunately. v-v

Exactly. Thus is why I'm hoping to get Kinect and a Dance Central game for Christmas.

Back