Hi I'm New and ready to lose weight!

mrsf83

Hi all,

I started the sole source plan today, found it a bit tough after giving my little one tea and my hubby eating his, but got there in the end, just hope I can get through the weekend now!

Does any one have any tips to ignore the craving for food?

Are u all having a lot of weight loss with this diet and do u think it gets easier??

Is it normal to wee this much lol!?!

mrsf

Well done for getting started. Once you get into ketosis the hunger pangs will go. After the first weigh-in and you see how much you've lost compared to a low calorie plan I'm sure the cravings won't feel so bad. Keep on going.

1st days r the hardest after that, I wouldn't say cravings go (they don't for me) but they don't preoccupy u, they're not driven by hunger. I get amazing losses, I only started back on tues, I'm in ketosis now n not hungry at all and I'm lost an almighty 12lbs :-/ assuming mostly water weight but I'm amazed :) also once u get over these few day the cravings gets easier cos u kno u have come this far n u don't want to undo it x

Fundamentally CD is based on low calorie and low carbs - on this diet, because of the low amount of carbs, your body can no longer burn carbs for energy and starts to use it's stores of fat instead. Once it starts doing that you are in ketosis. You can check if you're in ketosis by using ketostix which you can get at the chemists and/or by the fact that your breath will start to smell bad (plan on using mouthwash). The plus side of ketosis, other than the rapid weight loss, is that you don't feel as hungry. :p

Your CD consultant should explain all the details to you as well as provide you pamphlets.

I've just finished day 5 - as of this morning I was down 6lbs; admittedly most of it is water weight, but I'll take it!

And yes, until your body gets used to 2-3ltrs of water/day, you will be visiting the toilet on a frequent basis. Just think of it as cleansing... :)

Even once you're used to it, you'll still be peeing for england. But you must keep the water up....its important you flush out all the ketones that are produced by ketosis.

Thanks everyone, seeing your weight loss on ur profile is a big encouragement, can't wait for my first weigh in, will be a massive boost!

mrsf

Back