Hi Im New - Just a few questions!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Locana, 25 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Locana

Locana Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi everyone,

I'm so happy that I found this site! Everyone on here is such an inspiration, and the way people help each other on here is really heart warming in this day and age.. ;-)

Its my (and my sister's) first day today on the CD (SS'ing) and to be honest it has gone really well..!

Just wanted to ask a couple of q's if thats ok..

I dont normally eat breakfast, and was wondering if it would be ok to have my first shake/soup at lunch time? Or will I need to have them at breakfast, lunch and dinner times?

Also, even though my day is going well, I am hungry! Will the feeling of hunger go when I'm in Ketosis?

Thank you so much in advance for your replys.. xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yep--the hunger will go,stay strong, thats all you need to do. Stay strong!

4. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    i dont know if this is the best thing.. but i cant eat anything in the morning.. i have all my packs from about.. 3pm +..
    x x x

5. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    my hunger mostly went after day 2... I still get hungry at the times I would get hungry anyway, like 11.30am and 10pm, I just drink more water and try and take my mind off it. (the 10pm one is easy, come on here or go to bed!!)

6. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hi Locana, you can have your shakes whenever you like and, yes, the hunger will disappear when you get into ketosis. You will be fine. Is your sister here too?

Let us know how you get on.

7. Locana

Locana Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you! My sister doesnt have access to the internet, but she came round last night to look at the gallery and forum, and she wouldnt come off!!

How long is it until the body goes into Ketosis?!

8. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Sorry, it depends on the individual. I think it can be 4 or 5 days. There's a good sticky on ketosis (as well as others) rather than me giving duff info :eek:

9. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hiya welcome to mini's. Its great you have your sister doing it aswell. I usually have my 1st shake around 1ish cannot stomack anything in the morning. You should go into ketosis around day 3 and not feel hungry anymore. best of luck

xx becky xx

10. Grandma

Grandma Totally Focused

Start Weight:
    21st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    Hi and Welcome!

I usually have my first 'meal' at about 1pm, then the second at 6pm, then the third about 10pm. I drink about 1.5 litres of water in the morning to stave off the rumbly tum, then spread another 2.5 litres about until bed time. I also have cups of black coffee and I make my shakes with 400ml instead of 227ml so I gain there also.

As others have said, the hunger does go once you are in ketosis - most of the time, anyway! - and you get a really good feeling! I haven't felt so well in years.

All the best to you both - just keep drinking the water!
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.