Total Solution Hi, I'm new to Exante. Would really appreciate any support!

diane_mcc

I've tried Cambridge previously but found it really hard because I hated the taste of the soups and porridge. They were vile and I couldnt stomach them! However, I am now on day 3 of Exante. Really finding it easy so far. Just had the porridge for the 1st time this morning and loved it! Hoping to lose about 2 stone. I know there will be tough days ahead so would really appreciate any moral support from time to time! Here goes..... !!

Hi Diane! Well done so far, you are already almost over the worst part, and you seem to be breezing through :)

We are all here to support each other so don't worry about that! Amazing bunch of people on here all going through the same thing, The place is a God send :D

You may already have seen, but there are thread on here with tips of things you can add to the packs if you fancy a change. My absolute favourite is adding coffee into my Vanilla shakes! It makes a gorgeous 'latte' :) I only have shakes, but I know people add herbs and things into the soups, chilli powder etc, cinnamon into the porridge.

There are also lots of drinks you can have on this diet! My fav is Coke Zero. There is a thread here for that, so have a little read if you haven't already, because of course there is a strict list that is allowed and normal Diet drinks are not on there because of the acid that affects ketosis.

It won't take you long to shift the 2 stone, This diet is amazing! I have lost 2st 5lbs in 59 days. I have another 2st 7lbs to shift, I just love Exante! Stick to plan above and beyond all temptations because they really are not worth it. BUT if you do find yourself ever slipping off the waggon, just get straight back on and the damage will be undone in days on this plan :) Keep at it, whatever happens, You will soon be at goal!

Best of luck for your journey, look forward to following your progress :) xx

Thank you very much for your very welcome and supportive reply!

You have done amazing, such an inspiration for everyone on Exante.

So glad I can have a Coke Zero - is it limited to one per day or can we have a few? Unfortunately I hate coffee so wont be going for the latte option but thanks for the tip anyway!

I think I spoke too soon earlier when I said I was finding it easy - no sooner had I said it when I started to feel really tired and lethargic, I've been like that for the past few hours; is it a side effect??

If there were days that I really needed to eat something is it ok to have a little piece of chicken or a boiled egg or slice of ham? would this totally ruin the ketosis?

Thanks for your advice, just want to get things right on this diet and not ruin it in the first lot of days if possible!

Oh thank you very much :)

if you don't like coffee but enjoy tea, there are lots of options for tea too! You can drink as much green tea as you like, aswell as peppermint, red bush etc etc.. Just without milk. You can add tea bags into the shakes too, if you like that kind of thing. Peppermint tea added to chocolate shakes make a mint hot chocolate drink :)

The first few days to have a few affects but they shouldn't last. Keep your water intake up to stop you dehydrating or becoming light headed/dizzy. Your body will need time to adjust to the plan, so you can feel lethargic etc, but it should soon pick up and you will feel great after the first week. You will find the hunger goes away too!

Coke Zero, Dr Pepper Zero and other drinks have different opinions from person to person. Some only drink one glass/can per day and have that as a kind of treat in the evenings. I have been known to drink a litre of Zero a day and it never affected my losses at all! There is also a nice hot savoury drink you can buy as a tub of powder called Bouillon. This is strong so only needs a teeny amount put into a cup of hot water, and can be great to help fill you up, especially on cold nights. Almost like a cup of soup :)

I tried exercising quite a bit on this diet and that is the only thing that slowed my losses quite a bit, so I stopped, and my losses speeded up again. When we're on so little calories and try to do too much, the body can panic and hold into fat stores, slowing losses, but still making us fitter with exercise. For me, I choose to cut down the exercise and will wait until I am near goal to increase the calories with an extra pack and concentrate on toning and fitness then. On the week I did most exercise I lost the least, but everyone is different!

If there are days you really need to eat then protein and no carbs is the best choice. An egg, slice of meat, chicken breast are all fine. The thing to remember is whatever happens, even if you fall off the wagon, just get straight back on and don't let a little slip become a landslide. It's not a failing to have a day of mistakes, we are all human and if it can't be helped then just draw a line under that day and continue on plan :) gains caused by a slip are often reversed within a day or two back on plan so always pick yourself up and carry on. Eggs, chicken etc isn't a slip up, but I would keep them to a minimal if possible. There is a food week break at week 4 but Exante have now changed this to a low calories week. This means only needing 200 calories more a day on that week.

Some do Total solution, 3 packs a day, and some do Working solution, a low carb ketosis friendly meal added in, so whichever works for you you will find out in time. I am doing TS and am currently on day 59. It really does get easier so stick with it, and it is more than worth it :) I feel great for the first time in a long time.

There is always support here when you need it, I have logged onto this forum every single day and without a doubt it is why I have come so far and found it a doodle! The diet becomes habit, pretty soon you won't think about food and will be halfway to goal, it goes so quickly :) xx

Hi Exante dreamer and Diane....its my 6th day and it really does get better. The first few nights i felt so hungry, I couldnt sleepl. This past two nights have been great, and ive woken up this morning feeling great. Im sure its different for everyone but day 6 sure is good for me...and the hunger pangs has left too!! Just weighed myself ( i couldnt resist!!) and ive want down fron 12st 6lbs to 11st 13lbs. So happy to see 11 instead of 12!! Exante Dreamer your advice above is great and i will be sure to make myself a latte for dinner tonight. Diane I see you are from Belfast....i live in Carrickfergus...maybe we can stay in touch to support each other through this. Facebook has also a page with loads of tips and advice as well. Well good luck and let us know how each other gets on. Exante dreamer well done on your weight loss....hope I will be posting good results soon. xx

Well done Mazzie and thank you :)

I can't wait to get into 11s that's great! xx

Hi diane_mcc
I lost 5 stone on LL a few years back. Maintained it for quite some time, but here I am again with 6 stone to lose. Looking forward to all the Minimum support and hearing all the success stories.
I started on Exante last Monday and have lost 10lbs already, and must say I am not missing the 'sessions' attached to LL at all, not to mention the cost.
I will say though, the weigh in was an incentive so I hope the Minimum support will be enough.
Good luck all and I look forward to sharing this journey - WE CAN DO IT :)
XX

Some great success stories already, looking forward to more. Well done all xx

how're you getting on Diane? I'm on day 5 and I've lost 4.5lbs so far, but that's with a proper lapse on Friday night. I didnt let that stop me and got straight back onto it on Saturday and I'm feeling better for it.

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member on here.I am finding all of your comments very motivational!
I started total solution last week..doing well until the weekend and ended up eating out for lunch.I am so upset with myself!I am off work with broken shoulder so I am putting on even more weight.
I have 3 to 4 stone to lose.The worst part is everyone at work is part of SW..and they have got fitbit challenges etc.I can hardly do anything so thought this would be the obvious way to lose weight at this time.I have tried CD before and exante and had good results..but the more often I've done it the more I end up not getting past week 1.
This is the first time I have asked for support and I think it is key to succeeding after reading people's experiences.
All comments welcome..back to day 1 🤞

Back