Hi, I'm new to SF and need a little help :/

awcarly

Loves to lose
Hi :) This is my first day on SF and although I wasn't hungry during the day, I now that I find myself sitting alone (other half isn't finishing work until 10) and I really feel the need to fill myself up with food. I've recently learned that I must be a real comfort eater because if I'm feeling down or afraid or even lonely nothing cheers me up more than something tasty and the feeling of being full and eating what I want tends to make me happy for a short while.

I have so many reasons why I want to lose weight but whenever I feel down I really just want reassuring and it seems like the easiest option, other than my partner, who works a lot, I don't really have anyone to talk to which is the hardest thing when trying to deal with my problems.

I just wondered if anyone had a similar problem and what they do to make the cravings go away, especially if they are feeling uneasy inside :sigh:

awcarly said:
Hi :) This is my first day on SF and although I wasn't hungry during the day, I now that I find myself sitting alone (other half isn't finishing work until 10) and I really feel the need to fill myself up with food. I've recently learned that I must be a real comfort eater because if I'm feeling down or afraid or even lonely nothing cheers me up more than something tasty and the feeling of being full and eating what I want tends to make me happy for a short while.

I have so many reasons why I want to lose weight but whenever I feel down I really just want reassuring and it seems like the easiest option, other than my partner, who works a lot, I don't really have anyone to talk to which is the hardest thing when trying to deal with my problems.

I just wondered if anyone had a similar problem and what they do to make the cravings go away, especially if they are feeling uneasy inside :sigh:

Hi love
Bless u Hun x u do right to come on here that's y we all come on here to offload any worries or thoughts x
Welcome by the way n Congratz for starting at least u have identified ur prob x

If I were u if at night is wen u most snacky I would try n save 1-2 of my snacks for night then at least u having something x I think it's vital u have snacks wen u need em the most n u might just find it takes the edge off or try drinking more fluids as u may just b thirsty Hun x
Give it a go anyhoo love
Good luck
X

Hi Wishbird007, thanks for your advice, I did save up one snack for after my dinner I just think for some reason I was really emotional last night and after my other half got in I felt so much better and I didn't stray from it woo:) I know that I can do this but I know that I have got to come to terms with how I feel inside which I will take one step at a time - take things day by day - thanks again xxx

No worries Hun x glad u felt better x just come in here for a chat it will help u as it's nice to chat to ppl in same boat Hun x
Take care x

Hi Awcarly

I am exactly the same as you - any negative change in emotion at all makes me want to eat - if I'm lonely, upset, worried, depressed, anything like that. I try to save up two snacks for the evening (I'm too busy during the day to think about it much!!) as that's when the family tend to snack too.

Well done for sticking to it though!! You should be very proud of yourself.

Good luck!!

Anita xx

Welcome to the forum! :) I'm an emotional eater too, and what I find works for me, is when I'm feeling stressed/upset or whatever, I come on here and vent and moan, or read through the success stories, looking at the before and after photos, and that usually cheers me up and makes me stick to the diet and not give in to the cravings. Talking to people on here when I'm lonely (I live on my own!) also really helps, so make the most of the support and advice on this website, it has been totally invaluable to me! :)

Hi Cornish Angel and Emma.. thanks so much for your advice, I never realised I was an emotional eater but recent family troubles have made me turn to food as I have had nobody to talk to about them. I feel like i've made a step in the right direction and I will be popping on here whenever I need a good chat, it's nice to have people in the same boat xx

I'm on here pretty much every single day, so I'm always around if you need a chat :)

that's good to know :D xxx

Back