Hi joined today

Joyeleee

Hi joined sw today doing it from home …I have quite a bit to lose but am determined to get there ….hope to make friends along the way

Hi - how are you getting on?
I'm back on it after a break of about 4 years. I'm 2 weeks in and 8lb down, which is encouraging (started on a SP week and gradually introduced small portions of potatoes, rice etc). I needed the SP boost to get started this time :)

welcome to minimins I also follow sw, I have been following it now for 14 months and lost 6 stone during that time. At the beginning of my journey I had 10 stone to lose. but breaking it down to things like next 1/2 stone or next stone barrier was more achievable and not so overwhelming. cos the thought of losing 10 stone was so dauting but losing 7lb was so less scary. I do sw online and use minimins as well for support. I have found joining the challenges helpful. Like Easter challenge 2022 and Team 50 Christmas 2022. Reporting in each week recording my ups and downs has kept me on the straight and narrow. I personally let my hair down on holiday and eat lots more freely but straight back on plan when I return off holiday. If eating out I try to select a slimming world friendly meal like salad and steak, or jacket potato and chicken. I go to a carvery near me choose the boiled potatoes no Yorkshires, lots of veg and take my own gravy which is syn free plenty of recipes on the internet to choose from. This meal then is minimal syns.

Nice going purpleorc, 6 stone is amazing :)
I found my old SW book the other day which is from around 2014/15 and it was sad to read because I'd done so well and lost more than 2 stone which was about half way to my target - it all went out the window unfortunately - we moved house and didn't have a kitchen for a few months - living on stuff like ready meals and totally lost my way with SW. Then I rejoined a group but didn't really like it so stopped going. Then hit menopause and 20lb just appeared without changing a thing 😮 .......... but hopefully back on track now.

Back then, I'd also managed to get into a pair of size 14 jeans for the first time in years. I've still got them and they're going to be a bit of a wardrobe milestone!

I too am in the menopause and weight magically appeared from no where 😧. Weight loss is slower this time around but not able to exercise like I once did. but I am losing steadily 1 or 2 pound a week. In the past I lost 8 stone took my eye off the ball kept repeatedly saying just one won't matter before I knew it I was spirally down a slippery slope. I put it all back on and then some. This time round determined not to make the same mistakes as I did before. I have clothing in my wardrobe that I keep trying on a good indicator how far you have come. I started off my journey in size 26 (getting snug fit) and now I am in size 18 even one item of clothing a size 16. My next goal is to get my BMI to below 30 I started my journey at 44 which is morbidly obese. I am now in obese class one. I have many health issues MS, Sjogren's and lymphoedema to name a few. I have stopped my blood pressure tablets and lowered my cholesterol tablets so I am proud that I am improving my overall health.

Back