Hi, New person with a lot of weight to lose

linzik76

Hi

I have been pondering and pontificating about starting to put effort into losing weight for about 5 years, but as a mum of one with a child just starting school, I really need to be motivating myself, I don't want her growing up without a mother and I don't want her bullied because of her mothers issues either.

I have tried WW and SW, but always online and with no support, I work full time in a sedentary job and just sit and snack, I snack at home, I snack at work, I don't even eat a proper breakfast and now I get out of breath climbing stairs.

I had a check up recently at the GP and I am now 27 stones, I was mortified, I knew I was putting on weight, but was too scared and embarrassed to get weighed, now I am going to have to force myself into taking these first steps in losing weight... I am really really shy, no-one knows this about me, but the thought of walking into a room with a lot of people, overweight or not, makes me feel sick, I am too embarrassed to go to the gym, to have people looking at me or sneering.

So this is my first step, I have never, ever discussed my weight issues with anyone, my friends do not mention it, no-ne ever mentions it, I have never spoken to anyone about how I feel, I feel so lonely and isolated, some women at work are doing SW to lose a few pounds, I feel jealous and also angry, even though I have no right to, it is my problem that I am terrified of anyone looking at me, not theirs, but I wish I could just walk up and join in the conversation.

I am hoping to find some support here, and to lend some support :)

Hi.you have taken the first step, well done. You will be surprised by how nice people at weigh in groups are, and I find they are the best thing for me as I can not do it on my own. Although lots of people do it at home and are doing great. You just need to find what works for you. If you feel to shy to go to a group but want to go, get to group half an hour early when not many people will be there yet. Good luck on your journey and find lots if support and inspiration on here :) x

You have taken a huge step by posting here, well done.
I have only been on here for 2 weeks and found everyone supportive and helpful.

You can treat this as your group and if you like post your weekly weigh ins here to keep you on track.

I have been surprised by how open I have been on here already, posting my weight for a start as even my husband doesn't know my weight and we have been together 20 years!

Good luck!
X

Hopefully we can support each other, I wish you every success.x

Well done for taking the first step. I've just started too and also have a lot of weight to lose (in the 20s but not had the guts to weigh myself yet). It also sounds like you're in the right head space. You're not doing this on a whim. As ali5 said "use this as your support group" it is sometimes easier to be open when you don't have to speak to folk face to face. I wish you well on your journey. You can do it!

Hey!
I am new to this too and hoping to lose weight, this seems the place to support people to do it :)

It really is, everyone is lovely and supportive.
Good luck!
X

Hi Ali :) Congratulations on taking that first step. I went to the doctors last week and found I now weight nearly 300lbs. I was mortified too. I've just joined here too. Good luck!

Hi Ali :) Congratulations on taking that first step. I went to the doctors last week and found I now weight nearly 300lbs. I was mortified too. I've just joined here too. Good luck!

Thanks.
Really feel that checking in here and the support you get keeps you on track.
Got to do it this time.

Good luck with you weight loss, as you have said we have both taken the 1st step so hopefully before long we will be we will be feeling great!
X

Back