Hi :) newbee after pregnancy here! Day 5 some questions...

lottie_2015

Hey all hope you're doing well today!
I'm on day 5, i've got 2 stone to lose to get back to pre-preg weight - I gained 4st! My little boy was 4 weeks old on friday & (I'd dropped 2 stone already through breastfeeding for the first 3 weeks & i think i was carrying a lot of water)
My question is, if i have the occasional bit of chicken/prawns/tin of tuna in water will i stay in ketosis? How much would it affect weight loss?
I know i'm supposed to wait until baby is 12 weeks old, but i'm not, so thought it may be good to have the extra protien at the mo.
So impatient to lose this baby weight!
x

Ohhhh sorry just seen the rules above! Please can you move the post :) x

I've had chicken, tuna, eggs, steak, lamb, and stayed in ketosis. As long as you limit the carbs you should be fine! Good luck!

Thanks nat :) wow you've done really well! Our height & goal weight are the same :)
i jumped on the scales on day 3 & was down to 12,6lb, then had a tin of tuna monday & went to 12,7lb, had a small chicken breast lastnight & am 12,8&1/2... havent cheated & am drinking 8 pints of water so dont know whats going on :( carrying on hoping i'm losing inches rather than numbers but hope the scales change soon for motivation! X

Oh - i think it may be my scales battery! Have lost the back cover & one is held in by a wedge of cardboard. In one place this morning it says 12,7.5 and everywhere else it says 12,4.5 - how annoying!

Ah yeah my scales weigh different in different places. I've marked on my kitchen floor where I put mine and just make sure I keep it in the same place!
Tuna and chicken won't make you gain weight I'm sure. How you getting on now??

Thats a good idea, i'll do that :) i've bought some new scales, will weigh in the morning & find out!
I've done a vlcd about 7 years ago & went from 18st down to 9.7 so i'm doing ok, just impatient this time haha.
I went down to 8st for a while (lots of partying!) but my natural weight seems to always hover between 9st7 & 10st ish. I was 10st7lb when i fell pregnant - a bit heavy for me, a result of having a boyfriend - they make me fat lol. So my 1st goal is 10st7 then i'm going to go onto upday downday i think til i'm under 10.
how much do you find yourself losing weekly now you're so close to goal?

12st6lb lol. A bit slowee than i was hoping but guessing that's down to the extra calories i'm having through the protein... tempted to ditch it but my caesarean scar & area has been sore since a couple of days into the diet & don't want to impede healing cos the quicker i heal the quicker i can start swimming. Will weigh in again next friday & see what's what. Is anyone having christmas day off? Think i might to be sociable as going to hubbys aunties for xmas dinner, but will avoid carbs & get straight back on it the next day. I don't actually mind not eating food, i like the control the diet gives me & it makes me not want to eat. I like the shakes aswell which helps, i have them 1tsp at a time in a cup of hot water so it works out to about 16 cups of hot drink a day which keeps me going!
Hope every one's doing well :) x

A loss is a loss so congrats!
I did Cambridge diet a few years back and lost 6st4lbs. Put 3 back on being with the boyf, lime you said relationships also make me fat!! But doing something about it at least.
I'm averaging 2-3lbs a week and having extra protein so it does work this way. Maybe try a few days just in TS and see if your body responds better. I have no idea about scars and healing but I guess your body will need extra to heal itself.
I'm having tomorrow off plan for my Xmas party for work. Back on for 6 days then the 13th off for 2 birthday parties then on again till Xmas eve! Will enjoy all the festivities and start TS for a further 4 weeks in the new year and hopefully that should see me into the 10 stone bracket and my happy weight!!
X

Back