Hi, newbie here saying hello :)

CiaraDaisy

Silver Member
Hi everyone :)

I've been lurking around this place for a while! I started Slimming World today after much thought and a lot of time spent reading the messages on this board. I've found lots of help, ideas and answers already and I'm looking forward to calling upon all you clever people in the future when I'm confused, which is probably going to be often :)

A friend of mine recommended the plan to me; to be honest I had only vaguely heard about it before. I mainly want to do it because I feel uncomfortable. I took up running in April so my fitness is probably the best it's ever been, but I really feel uncomfortable and unhappy in my body. This is purely due to me eating for no reason whatsoever, purely boredom. I'm probably a bit of an emotional eater too. I'm steadily getting heavier, and I want to stop before I keep getting bigger. I don't like looking at myself in photos lately either, which is something I was never fond of but didn't mind. Now, I just really don't like it! I've never been 100% happy with my weight, but I feel like I've come to a point where I really need to change.

This post turned into a bit of 'Dear Diary' type message, but basically I wanted to to pop in and say hello and I look forward to sharing this journey with you all here :)

Hi, welcome and good luck! X

Back