Hi - Newbie here .....................

Ellie68

Hi

Nervous newbie here - starting today instead of Monday due to an 'eating' event for tomorrow being cancelled. I have done a VLCD before (LL) so kinda know what am in for. On LL i was v successful at losing but failed miserably at maintenance - so am hoping to do well on SnS.:eek:

I have a lot to lose - aiming for half of my weight (10 stone) at a guess but will get weighed at a Boots on Monday so will add ticker then - will given me enough time to work out how to tackle the re-eating after getting to goal on SnS (I dont intend to eat food unless xmas day or new years day - am hoping i can work it this way).:confused:

Hoping to help others and cadge tips along the way .......

Today i had banana shake/almond nut bar/thai soup (lovely)/mushroom pasta (boiled over GRRRR) - so after checking a few posts - yes i will do in a large jug in future ....... - although have just made up a drink of hot water (500 ml) with half teaspoon of orange refresher water flavouring in - tastes lovely !!!!!!

thanks - Elaine :D

Hello and welcome

I posted a reply to you earlier on but the website gremlins must have been a little peckish :). I defected over from LL to S&S after 3 weeks, it's so much nicer to do. I joined LL for the counselling rather than the VLCD, but obviously the two go hand in hand there - how did you engage with that? I found I didn't gel with it in my particular group as the LLC was a little fluid in the application of the LL rules and people came and went, in the 4 sessions I attended, there were only 2 other people who were also there at them all, everyone else came and went, in a group of 10+ where you are baring your soul, it's quite difficult to do without a little bit of bonding - so I switched. I've continued to work on my head from recommendations I've seen on the LL support site and I'm very hopeful my changing attitude will continue to develop and give me the tools to keep this weight off once and for all.

You can do it, I'm sure of that, and you'll know your weak spots in gaining again, so they'll be the bits to work on this time round :)

Hi Noodles

I had a good group in LL for the first stage part and found the exercises quite helpful (am thinking of using the books again whilst on SnS) - but it was moving to maintenance stage that i struggled - there was v little structure - it was v hit and miss who would turn up to the meetings - including the leader so i ended up stopping going .................... :( - it was a shame your group didnt flow well - (mind you this is much cheaper!)

Am thinking of trying to follow the same process here - but i realise that i have to focus on the re-eating aspect when the time comes as it is essential to ensure i eat properly - so am thinking if necessary i will pay for proper counselling ......... (but i suspect i will have plenty of time aiming to lose my 10 stone to think on that one)

thanks for the response - Elaine

Hi - thanks for the welcome - diary eh? - that will be good for keeping my fingers occupied when they feel like wandering in the fridge .............

Back