Hi please help!!! Shift work dilemma.

TeapotTee

Hello! I am due to start on the 17th June I picked up all my packs today and got weighed etc.

My CDC was lovely however I forget to ask her if I could make up the shakes a few hours before consuming them?

I am a nurse on a busy A&E and it's hard to walk away to mix up a shake and it would be easier to have it in my shaker in the fridge.

Is it ok for the minerals etc if I do that?

Or does anyone have a similar problem and another answer?

Hello! I am due to start on the 17th June I picked up all my packs today and got weighed etc.

My CDC was lovely however I forget to ask her if I could make up the shakes a few hours before consuming them?

I am a nurse on a busy A&E and it's hard to walk away to mix up a shake and it would be easier to have it in my shaker in the fridge.

Is it ok for the minerals etc if I do that?

Or does anyone have a similar problem and another answer?

Unfortunately you have to have your shake within 15 minutes of making it. The tetra's that they do (ready made shakes in cartons) could however be left in the fridge and drunk at leisure. There isn't such a variety of these though and I can't advise on how they taste as I've never had them but you could ask to swap some shakes for them... I think they might cost more too.

I thought this would be the case :) never mind, thank you for your help :) I did not ask about the price of the tetra's but will see how I go mixing them at work, might be totally fine.

I thought this would be the case :) never mind, thank you for your help :) I did not ask about the price of the tetra's but will see how I go mixing them at work, might be totally fine.

I meant to say im also a nurse and I have manage fine so I'm sure you'll be good. Although I have found myself mixing them up in the toilets before haha

I meant to say im also a nurse and I have manage fine so I'm sure you'll be good. Although I have found myself mixing them up in the toilets before haha

Did you tell people at work you were doing CD? I'm not sure weather to or not

Did you tell people at work you were doing CD? I'm not sure weather to or not

Initially no as I worked in a secure forensic hospital and we had to take breaks off the ward but in the end I did. You'll alwaya come up against people who will try and tell you how unhealthy it is and that its very bad for you but I simply said either fake support me or dont say anything... ive chosen to do this and in the end it stopped. Dont let it put you off, the diet is so worth it. Tonight I smashed the 7 stone loss mark. How come your waiting intil the 17 to start?

Initially no as I worked in a secure forensic hospital and we had to take breaks off the ward but in the end I did. You'll alwaya come up against people who will try and tell you how unhealthy it is and that its very bad for you but I simply said either fake support me or dont say anything... ive chosen to do this and in the end it stopped. Dont let it put you off, the diet is so worth it. Tonight I smashed the 7 stone loss mark. How come your waiting intil the 17 to start?

Well done that's amazing! I am going away to see one of my best friends in Cardiff for 2 days leaving on Friday and I have not seen her in a while, seeing as I hadn't started yet I set my date to start as soon as I get back. Too many temptations where I know we will be going. How long has that taken you? 7 stone is incredible! I bet all the doubters from work are eating their words!

Try the ready made ones I am a neighbourhood officer and its not convienient to be mixing shakes and it works wel for me x

Try the ready made ones I am a neighbourhood officer and its not convienient to be mixing shakes and it works wel for me x

I think I will try a few next time I see my CWPC, going to her house next time so should be a lot easier :) Do you like how they taste?

The chocolate is very sweet but nice x the strawberry is like candy floss and the banana is like a mcdonalds one x so I gues yes they taste good lol x I also use the orange water flavouring x but I have a evening meal of chicken tuna or an omlette and it suits me great x I still have very weak momemt but its not through hunger its through habbit x x good luck hun x

Thank you good luck to you too!

I laughed at this! I'm a nurse and I've been known to drink my tetras in the toilet lol

7 Stone is amazing! well done!

I find the Tetras easier when on the move but my CDC said you should drink a glass of water with them to dilute them a bit and help process it, I wouldn't advise that in a toilet!

I only have the ready made packs. I live off the chocolate one. I find the consistency far nicer. But I do have to drink a litre (if not more) of water with each one to dilute. My body was definitely not used to such a high concentration of nutrients etc. But I do find drinking the packs with that much water makes me feel really full, so I can trick myself into thinking I've eaten! Works for me :) You've just got to find what works for your lifestyle.

And I told everyone I know I'm on the diet. That way I have it in the back of my mind that everyone will know if I give up. Everyone has been super supportive actually.

Good luck xxx

Back