Hi - slimming world member from norfolk

Hi

my names Donna and I'm 38 years old and recently started slimming world, I live in a costal town in norfolk. I am setting myself small goals at the moment, first one is my club 10 award.

i am looking forward to chatting to you all and hopefully making some friends.

Any advice would be really helpful

donna x

Hiya,

I'm a returning sw member and a newbie in here. Welcome and good luck on your journey :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Hi donna

i have jut joined today and have also just started slimming world im 50 and have piled on 3stone in the last 2 years with stress and ill heath so am also looking for help and advice..good luck and well done for starting that is the first hurdle over

Hi and Welcome, Donna. :D

I find a food diary on here really helps. Mine helps me keep on track and I've promised myself no hiding anything. It would also be good if you have a great week and want to copy it again. :D

Another thing I find good is banning the stuff that you know you will binge on. (Mine's crisps and chocolate. OH got a big telling off the other day for leaving some chocolate on top of the freezer!) and keeping fruit and veg in.
I find eating super free on your plate first is easier too, as it doesn't matter how much of it you have and you can fill yourself up on it. :D

I hope that your weight loss journey goes well. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here. :)

Hi

my names Donna and I'm 38 years old and recently started slimming world, I live in a costal town in norfolk. I am setting myself small goals at the moment, first one is my club 10 award.

i am looking forward to chatting to you all and hopefully making some friends.

Any advice would be really helpful

donna x

Hi welcome along to minimins. You’ve come to the right place for tips, support and advice. We’re a happy little lot who love to share.

Top tips are keep a food diary right from the very beginning as this is what will get you through this and help get the SW plan in your head. Knowing in advance what you are going to eat takes all the guess work out of everything. If things go slightly awry, then you have something to look back on to see where adjustments could be made and if you ask for advice through this platform, it's the first thing we will ask to see.

Following someone else's food diary on here or looking at the threads what's for breakfast, lunch, tea etc or the many, many recipes will certainly help you to avoid the repetition in your diet and expand the variety of things you can find to eat.

There are also a number of weighing groups which are either by weigh day and I think there is one for people who follow SW at home, which is good way to share your experiences, spur others along, to feel part of a group and get to know some of the others.

Finally, I would say trust in the plan it does work. Eat your syns and don’t cut back as it doesn’t work that way!! I’m sorry that I’ve rambled on but I hope that will give you somewhere to start and good luck with everything :D

Back