Hi. Weight watcher attempting to go it alone.....

Hi, everyone. I'm Lindsey. I've been a weight watcher for many years but haven't been that successful of late. Decided tonight that I need to make weight loss fun again and want to join a gym but unfortunately, I can afford EITHER a gym membership or my ww subscription. Along with a friend, we've decided to attempt to go ww alone for a while and see if we can self motivate :s while we try out a local gym. We know the plan inside out so the rest is up to us. I can't pretend I'm not a bit worried but excited as well!!!
Was looking in the app store for any tools since I'm going to lose my ww online subscription soon and found this app!! Looks amazing and hopefully, just what I need.

Are there any other weight watchers doing it alone? Any threads, pages etc within Minimins that you recommend?

Xxxx

Hi Lindsey.

I'm not on WW, but I started SW last week after having bought the books on eBay for about £15 ish. I wasn't prepared to join a group as I am male and felt self conscious about it.

After following the plan for 6 days so far I've lost a wee bit. I also walk about 20 miles a week (free in this great country of hours)

Gyms are also not for me. They bore me as well as being full of skinny folk.

I'm sure that having a plan and support of each other you will do great.

Good luck

Hi, thanks for your reply. Good luck to you on slimming world!! I love to walk too!! 20 miles is dedication. I'm sure you will have amazing results very soon.
I'm hoping I will enjoy the gym although the many skinny people worry me too :)

The last time I went to a gym a guy stood on the scales next to me and tutted, jumped off, took his skimpy vest off and placed his 12st frame back on to show the extra 4oz he wanted to lose.

I just lifted my kebab and pot noodle and walked out hahaha.

Good luck with the gym

Haha, that made me laugh!! To be fair, that echoes many of my previous experiences of the gym but I'm the eternal optimist. Plus the gym offers me a crèche ;)
Outdoor walking involves endless requests for fruit shoots

Hi Lindsey. I go to a gym too. I feel a bit self conscious but I've found out the quietest times and go then :) going is the hardest part. Once I'm there and start my work out I really enjoy it. You have the added benefit of going with your friend :) good luck x

Not if you get a wee rucksack and a Platypus 2 Litre drinking bladder.

Fill it with water and a bit of sugar free diluting orange or black currant and sip away sugar free and thirst free on your walks via the drinking tube on the side.

Incidentally the 2nd last time I went to the gym I skipped for an hour solid........

Then the guy gave me a rope lol.

The requests of fruit shoots aren't my own.... The 18 mth old in the buggy is very demanding. Saying that though, a lot of the pull of the gym membership is the the swimming pool. I do love to be outdoors and I actually like walking out and about best when the weather gets cooler so I will be bracing the great outdoors in my pursuit to drop two stone!!

Well good luck with it Buddy

Back